CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

DEMONS:

"SHIT," Axel said, getting out the bed, grabbing his clothes.

JAE watched Axel rush out the room, Dylan following close behind, their clothes clutched close to their chest. Jae sighed, shaking his head, before returning his attention to Jasper. The said male was still laying there, his mind still floating.

Jae went over, bending down picking up his basketball shorts and hoodie. "Hey, Jasper, you with me?" Jae asked softly, Jasper nodded, blinking a bit more than usual.

The taller male went and gently grabbed Jasper, pulling him up and placing him on his back. He took the male's leg, sliding the shorts up one and then another.

Once done, he placed the hoodie on, Jasper instantly hummed at the warmth, pulling himself into a ball to keep it all in.

Jae grabbed the dirty blanket, tossed it off the bed, reaching under, and grabbed the spare one, before putting it over Jasper, who grasped it, pulling the material close to his chin. He hummed happily to himself.

Jae sat down beside him, brushing his hand through Jasper's curls, massaging the male's head, making Jasper push up into his hand. "Come on back, baby," Jae whispered, softly.

The curly hair male, blinking slowly, before meeting Jae's eyes.

"You're here, baby?" The taller male, making Jasper nod.

"Y - Yeah." Jasper spoke, "m' here."

Jae let out a sigh of relief. "I knew they would try to sneak in, they don't listen very well."

"Why can't they come in?" Jasper asked.

"They aren't ready for it yet. Their minds aren't as clear as they need to be and it's risky. That's why I was only allowing Brax in, but he is usually locked in his room." Jae said, "he doesn't come out much."

Jasper nodded to show he was listening as Jae carried on. "He likes to be alone, it helps him to fight his demons, by himself. When he is with people his demons hide."

"Even yours?" Jasper asked.

"Even my demons hide." Jae admitted, "but I got more control over them now."

Jasper hummed, closing his eyes. "We all have demons, some are just stronger than others and some are easier to fight, but it's so much easier to win when other people are helping. But at the end of the day, it's your mind, it's your fight, it's your war and even though we don't win some battles, the fight doesn't end. "

The smaller thought for a moment, collecting his thoughts. "We have to keep going, if you give up, you give up on being happy. Fighting to be happy isn't always a bad thing, ya know? Because you're fighting to get it, to get there. Sometimes it's hard and you want to give up, but sometimes giving up isn't an option." Jasper said, his mind running, not truly processing all he was saying.

"When my mom died, I let my mind win, because I was too tired to fight, too sad to even care about myself or my mental health, but then I saw my dad, he kept putting on a brave face, even though I knew how to hurt he was and it took a lot of battles for him to even force a smile, but he didn't give up, so I never did either." Jasper paused, recalling his memories.

"I wasn't happy all the time, I faked it a lot, but faking means I knew what it was so it kept me fighting. My demons were strong, my demons did hide, but I was stronger, I wanted to be happy more than my depression wanted me to be sad. I think everyone needs to learn that." Jae just nodded along to Jasper's words, taking them all in.

"If you want to be happy, making your happiness worth fighting for."