fifty

"Happiness, easy to say but hard to find

"Happiness, easy to say but hard to find."

Thank you, potatoes.

ONE WEEK LATER

The dead leaves were crunching as I took more steps forward, an umbrella above me, I brought a straw basket full of gifts.

My brown coat was draped on me, and it was autumn, the leaves were in clusters of orange and red as I took more steps forward, looking for the one I was meeting.

I was wearing the silver chain and the black rose on it as well, it was over my black turtleneck as I made my way straight.

I stopped in an instinct as I saw his name engraved on the fine stone, his jar right infront of me.

May you be in our hearts,

Park Jimin

Born: October 13, 1995

Died: May 15, 2014

I smiled weakly, looking at his jar that was cremated with his ashes, wilting flowers were on the side and candles were lit.

I placed the basket down, taking out a bouquet of red roses and putting them beside his little hut.

I then placed a strawberry-flavored lollipop beside the red roses.

"Hi Jimin, how's life in heaven? I love you and I miss you," I whispered as I sat there, gazing at his jar.

"I've been doing great if you're asking, and I felt so empty after knowing about the news, I should've been there," I said as I stared at the letters of his name.

"I'm wearing the necklace you gave me, I think yours got buried with you," I whispered as tears started pooling my eyes.

"And you know, its hard living without you, its hard to live without someone you love, its hard to move on and come back to the same person," I continued.

FLASHBACK

"He died in May 15, 2014," the nurse told me.

"Why?" I asked.

"He had many brain surgeries, but the third was too much for him," she replied and I buried my face in my hands.

"Before he died, he wrote a poem, and he told us that when he dies, we should burn the black rose necklace with him," she said and I looked at her.

"Thank you, I will visit him," I told the nurse as I started walking to the exit.

END OF FLASHBACK

Suddenly, I heard a light noise behind me, I turned around to see a flower.

"I'm sorry, could you pick that up for me?" A voice asked and I picked the flower up and reached it out towards him.