Chapter Two

Mia

The days went quickly by and Mia felt that everything around her was way too busy. It was the day before the king would arrive and everyone was busying themselves with tasks her mother set to make the ball perfect. All Mia wanted to do was relax in her room and read her book which was almost finished. Mia loved to live in a book but today that would not happen as her mother immediately came into her room with her evening gown. After a lot of fighting with her mother finally let her settle for an evening gown instead of a big ball gown. Her evening gown was a long turquoise chiffon A line dress with glitter detailed top half. The dress showed off her tiny waist and small frame.

"Mia, you need to quickly do your last fitting to make sure that everything fits perfect." Mia's mom said. Mia rolled her eyes, but she knew her mom was right because today was the last day they could make alterations.

Mia quickly changed into the dress and it fitted her like a glove. Her mother could not stop the excitement that burst through her and jumped up to hug her with tears in her eyes.

"Mom, don't cry. It's just a dress." Mia said while trying to comfort her mother. Through her teary sobs Mia's mom replied "I can't... Sniff... help it.... Sniff... You just look so beautiful."

Once Mia managed to calm her mother down enough, her mother left her. She laid on her bed thinking of what her mate will be like. Mia unlike many women believe in her one true mate and therefore did not date. She never had any boyfriends and never been kissed. She decided to keep herself pure for her one true love that the moon goddess would gift her. Now that she was 18, she would be able to sense her mate, but she had been disappointed to find out that nobody in her pack was one true mate. Mia did not like the idea or thought of leaving the pack one day. She hoped that her crush, Cole Fritz the betas son was her mate but seems fate did not have that in the cards for her. Mia still had hope that the Moon Goddess would give her an amazing, caring, and honest mate, and that she would be happy to leave the pack with him.

Since her brother Jay was the future Alpha, he would not be having any of her problems. Sadly, the world did not understand the predicament women had. A female always had to follow her mate and join his pack. There were no exceptions to the rule as the werewolf society was still very traditional.

She could only hope that she gets a mate that will treat her right.

Zac

Zac is the future alpha king and he was fencing with his best friend and future royal beta, Chad Jones in the court yard. When he was interrupted by his father the king.

"What is this I hear that you do not want to come with me to True Waters? You know how important this is to our kingdom to be seen as a strong family." the King spoke.

"We are strong and we don't need to care who thinks otherwise. I have everything I need right here and have no desire to go to the small packs and mingle with the commoners." the prince stated and did not even bother to stop his fight or look at his father. "Stop taking it easy on me Chad. You know I do not appreciate it." Zac said to his Beta.

The king was fuming at his spoilt and snobbish son. "I will have you know that the True Waters pack is the largest pack in our realm and they have gone to great lengths to host a ball in our honour." the king said with great anger seeping through.

The prince stopped his fight and looked at his father and said. "I have much better things to do with my time than to travel far, just to have a ball. If it was so important to you then why did you not just welcome them here? That way we can limit the amount of omegas that we have to face." Zac did not like mingling with common Omega's and saw himself as above that simple ways of the commoners. He was the future alpha king and did not need to prove anything to anyone of them.

"The royal advisor position is not just for Alphas, betas or deltas but is open to anyone who has good strong honourable opinions. One's bloodline has not make them automatically the right person for the job and we need to keep an open mind. This is not negotiable; you will come with me." the king stated with a that's final tone. Zac did not seem threated at all as he continued his fencing.

"I will be staying at the palace and give me a call if you miss me, father." the prince added with a smug look directed at the king.

The king walked away, shaking his head. He had no idea why his son was so stubborn and arrogant, but his two daughters were nothing like that. Lily which was 17 was the happy and fun-loving young girl that loved to help others and had a big heart, and Jenny which was 22 was a serious business-like woman but she had not yet found her mate. She often helped her father with paperwork that was always piling up on his desk.

The king then decided that he would take his two daughters to the ball.