Chapter Ten

Mia

Mia arrived back in her room only to find Lily waiting for her. "Hi Lily" Mia said. "Hi Mia. If I had to wait for you to come visit then I would be very lonely." Lily said.

"You do know that you did not show me around the palace yet and I wouldnt know where to even start to look for you. I only found the kitchen this morning. " Mia replied.

Realization hit and Lily saw her mistake. "I'm so sorry. I've been a terrible host and a awful friend." Lily said in a sad tone. "Don't worry about it. But on another note you need to tell me everything about a guy named Chad." Mia quickly said.

"Why do you want to know about Chad?" Lily asked in a suspicious tone.   Mia did not know how to answer her question. Since Lily is her only friend in this place she might as well spill the beans. Mia quickly told her briefly about her little wolf visit last night and how she could be pregnant and then this mornings breakfast how she could smell her mate.

Lily sat and stared wide eyed at Mia like she was some sort of crazy person. When Lily finally spoke, it was not what Mia expected. "You do realise we are practically sisters now don't you?" Lily said with so much joy in her voice and she jumped up and hugged Mia. Mia was completely confused as to what was happening. Shit, was her mate the prince? Then she started panicking. Could she be carrying the heir to the thrown? No this can't be happening she thought to herself. "Can you please explain that sentence to me." Mia asked with a sense of urgency.

Mia could see that Lily was thinking hard about how she would put it and what the right words would be.

"Well Chad is... Like a brother to me... His is our future royal Beta and he has been best friends with my brother since they were kids. I grew up with him and he has looked out for me since forever. Chad is the good that keeps my brother at bay and he is really a nice guy. I never thought that he was going to find his mate since he hasn't stopped looking and you were his mate all along. That is the best news I got today." Lily said smiling like a fool.

" Wait so you still a virgin and you might be pregnant?" Lily said as the thought made its way to her head."Well shit. That one sucks." Lily continues. "However........ You can always fix that one before you start to show." Lily added with a wink.

"Hold up there Speedy. I'm not sure if I'm ready to mate with my mate just yet. If you asked me yesterday then I would have immediately said yes but now I feel like I need to get to know him first before just jumping into to bed with him." Mia explained. "However he is really sexy though." and Mia blushed like a school girl.

Lily burst out laughing at the last comment. She never saw Chad in that way. The shewolve in the palace did try and throw themselve at him and. they were constantly flirting with him but he was not like that and never allowed anyone of them to get close to him.

"Did he really openly flirt with you in the kitchen?" Lily asked and was super interested in this gossip.

Mia blushed again when she remembered the gorgeous man in the kitchen. Thinking about him made her feel so hot and then she realized it was her wolves hormones kicking in as lust."He told me I was the most beautiful women he had ever seen in his life before." Mia admitted.

Lily was over joyed with the news. "I'm so happy for you Mia. I know that Chad can make you happy. Plus when you guys have your mating ceremony then I get to be your first Lady." Lily excitely said.

"Hey hey hey. One step at a time. I only kissed him on his forehead. Don't start speaking about the mating ceremony just yet." Mia quickly said. Since the mating ceremony is similar to a wedding in many ways but there is no priest and it gets done in front of the whole pack. Not to mention it is super scary as one mates in front of the pack while the female marks the male during climax. During the marking of the male it is known that the moon goddess bless's the union. The males mark is seen as some sort of proposal for the mating ceremony. The first Lady is similar to the maid of honor but they get the Lady in waiting ready for the big evening. The same applies with the first man for the Gentlemen in waiting.

"I still get to be your first Lady though!" Lily stated as a matter of fact. Which made Mia laugh. "No matter who I mate with, you will be my first Lady." Mia gave her some closure. "But remember then I also become your first Lady." Mia added.

"There is no doubt in my mind that you will be my first Lady, whenever that might be."Lily said.

The two shewolves continued chatting the afternoon away and then went together to get some dinner.

Well eating their super cheesy pasta Mia started thinking. Could she trust his mate? He was after all drop dead gorgeous and she was sure that all the shewolves would also think so. Best way to find out would be to ask Lily. While Lily was slupping up her pasta Mia suddenly asked her "Do you think  Chad is a trust worthy mate?". Lily did not even hesitate to answer "He is 100% trustworthy, why would you ask something like that?" Lily probed.

"Well he is a good looking man and after hearing what you said about the very forward shewolves in this palace, I was just wondering if I should be worried." Mia explained herself to Lily.

Lily laughed. "It's true that all the shewolves throw themselves at Chad but it is very funny watching him stop their advances. He doesn't fall for their cheap tricks and he has not interest in those easy women." Lily said. This made Mia smile and couldn't stop thinking for that particular wolf that was made just for her.

Before Mia forgot she needed to ask Lily where her room was." Lily, which floor are you on?" Mia asked. Lily smiled brightly before answering " I'm on the floor 10 which has the Alpha's wing on the one side and the Beta's wing in the other side." Lily said and added a little extra in site than what was asked.

After dinner they went their separate ways and Mia went to get her much needed beauty sleep. If only she could stop seeing that mouth watering man in her dreams.