Prologue

"Tsukishima! Come back!" voices shouted behind him. Ignoring their call, he briskly walked outside. Rain immediately pelted his clothes and it instantly became wet.

He could hear footsteps following behind him, so Tsukishima took big strides towards his car. His amber eyes were already stinging from rainwater and tears combined.

"Kei! Please!" a pleading voice shouted.

Tsukishima turned around to look at their faces. The man stopped in a good meter away from him. The light from the beach house slightly illuminated his face allowing Tsukishima to see the undeniable guilt on the man's face.

His eyes remained on him for a short while, then it traveled towards the number of people that were standing outside the beach house. Their heads hung low as they saw me eyeing them, but not Akiteru.

"Come back inside, Kei. Let's talk." The man before him lowly said.

Lightning struck, and thunder followed.

The blond haired man shook his head to the side. "No! And talk? About what?" he sarcastically smiled before his eyes drifted from him into the people behind him. "That? I'd rather die in this stormy night!" he angrily spat.

With that, he opened the car door beside him and slid inside the car. Akiteru pounded on his window, but Tsukishima started the engine and pressed on the accelerator. The black car sped through the rough night, not caring about anything.

He could feel anger bubbling inside of him. The moment Tsukishima decided to let go of his emotions, fat drops of tears slowly fell on his smooth cheeks. He gripped the steering wheel and maneuvered on the slippery cliff road.

His heaving chest never stopped. Tsukishima's body felt numb, and it surprised him that he does not feel fear nor get scared on how fast he is driving.

How dare they.

Tsukishima gritted his teeth in annoyance. How could Akiteru do that to him? He is not just some pawn in chess that he could use to his liking.

His mind drifted to the countless number of times that he would fight Akiteru because of his brother's stupid decision.

"For the last time I said no!" Tsukishima shouted. Akiteru, who was hot on his tracks, angrily grabbed the collar of his top and pulled him.

"Do not be irrational Kei! This is for the sake of the company!" The anger in Akiteru's eyes seeped. "Its time for you to take your responsibilities! Do you want Mother to die lonely? This company is the only thing Father has left us, and I don't want to see Mother stressed out because we are on the verge of losing our assets!"

Tsukishima tightly held his brother's hand and tried to pry it off his shirt. "I know about my responsibilities! But marrying someone else to save us? That is not part of my responsibility!"

Akiteru pushed him away. Tsukishima landed on the carpeted floor of their living room.

"Akiteru!? What's wrong?" His mother hurriedly came and noticed that Tsukishima was on the ground. "What happened?"

As if a lightbulb flickered in his head, Akiteru's eyes widened. A bitter smile spread on his lips. "You won't marry him because of that person? Is that the reason, Kei?"

Tsukishima did not answer. He casted his look to the side. Akiteru only laughed loudly. His mother went to him, worried.

"I told you to stop seeing that man! Our company cannot benefit from his!" Akiteru threw a glare at him.

"Leave him, or I will make sure he will," He said with a tone of finality.

Tsukishima closed his eyes. He saw headlights closing in from the mirror. He stepped on the pedal harder trying to outrun the car behind him.

Even though he could not feel his cold body, his insides definitely hurt. His heart was aching badly from all of the emotions he has been carrying. Pain, betrayal, anger, and loneliness cradled his poor heart.

He shifted his gaze towards the dark angry sea beside on his left. The waves rocked back and forth, as strong winds played with it. The moon was nowhere to be seen tonight, because of the heavy rainclouds scattered in the night sky.

I'd rather die in this stormy night.

The road before him was curved. He decided to slow down a bit, before finally making his mind. Stepping on the gas pedal, Tsukishima held the steering wheel hard as he ran through the iron fence.

As if everything around him moved slowly, he felt adrenaline coursing in his veins. Tsukishima closed his eyes, as he was welcomed by the sea.