Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Dark

Floating.

He felt like he has been floating forever in this endless sea of darkness. He reached out his hand as if trying to hold on to something, but all his palms could touch was the nothingness this place gave.

Where am I?

Tsukishima turned to his side, and tried to examine the place. From where he is standing up to the place as far as his eyes could see, the void stretched into thousands of miles.

Suddenly, his head was hit by a splitting headache. He crouched down lowly and held his head. Tsukishima winced as the pain would not stop, and eventually he bit his lower lips hard that it almost bled.

His chest heaved. Now, its getting harder to breathe. He felt his whole body ache, and from his crouching form he felt his body fall forward with a thud that echoed throughout this dark place.

When he opened his eyes, he was still here. Although the pain has subsided, he could still feel his body tingle in pain whenever he moves. Slowly, he tried to move. It hurt.

Tsukishima could feel his eyes tearing albeit, but he did not pay no mind to it. His feet started to move on its own accord, bringing towards the plains of darkness. Whatever this place could bring him, he does not know.

His legs gave up. He fell forward once more, and felt coldness enveloped his body. Tsukishima could his eyes closing in, as if he was being lulled into sleep.

Even though its dark, the silence does not scare him. From time to time, he could feel the presence of the wind blowing on his face. He thought that at least that his body didn't feel numb anymore, unlike the first time he came here.

Amidst of his stay here, he already gave up on walking. His feet could not bring him anywhere. He was lying down on his back, with his eyes closed when he felt warmth from his left hand.

Tsukishima rose from his position. He stared at his hand for a while. The feeling was still there, as if his hand was being heated into a flame. But the heat did not hurt him. It actually felt good on his body. It soothed him.

From time to time, the warmth from his hand would come. Tsukishima would always wait for the time where it would suddenly feel like his hand was tingly, and then eventually it would became warm. He would close his eyes, and there, he would savor that short moment.

It happened often. Tsukishima thought that it was weird though. Because one time when the feeling came back, he started to hear whispers. He turned his head to the sides, looking for the source of the whispers. But in this darkness, he was alone.

Until one time, the voices became prominent. He could hear whispers of not only one person, but probably a lot of people around him. Not only his hand felt warmth from time to time, he would feel his face heat up too. The feeling of someone stroking his hair was delight, and Tsukishima wishes that he knows who it was.

Then, it stopped.

He doesn't know when, but the feeling of warmth that gave him comfort stopped happening. His brows furrowed and he annoyingly stared at his hand. What could possibly happened? Tsukishima doesn't know.

Because of that, he knew the feeling of coldness. His heart hurt. It felt like his heart started to crack because of the cold this dark place has been giving him. Tears welled up on his eyes, as he held his hand close to his chest.

He doesn't know how long he has been feeling like this. Its like this dark place became a tundra, his hands trembled as he could feel the icy cold bitterness. Tsukishima wanted to scream.