Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Hard

"Tsukishima-san, are you alright?" Yachi peeked from the door. On her hands, was a wooden tray carrying his meal.

Tsukishima rose up from his position. He actually spent the whole day in his bed, not because of his physical condition, but because he feels a bit sulky. Kuroo is mad. Tsukishima knows for a fact that Kuroo's anger hasn't gone down.

"Kuroo-san said that you should stay in for the mean time." Yachi said as she places the tray a bit far from him before she adjusted it, transforming it into a mini table.

"I know," Tsukishima breathed. He slightly massaged his hand because it feels prickly.

Yachi stood at the far end of his bed, looking at him knowingly. Tsukishima raised his hand as if dismissing Yachi.

"Oh, Kuroo-san also said that he won't be able to see you for a while."

The spoon that he was about to bring into his mouth was stopped mid air upon hearing what his attendant said.

"Why?" Tsukishima tried to sound indifferent but the disappointment laced in his tone was too obvious.

Yachi tried to hide the small smile trying to creep into her face by pursing her lips. "He said that he has matters to attend to. And also he added that you should take this time alone for yourself."

Tsukishima stuck his tongue deep inside his cheek trying to hide the annoyance. Maybe this is just Kuroo's scheme to hide the fact that he was angry. He suddenly remembered the moment near the beach wherein Tsukishima thought of a moment that Kuroo might leave the island for good.

"Fine," He said with an air of finality.

Finally, he was left inside his room with his hearty dinner. Although he was focused on eating, Kuroo's face would pop out inside his mind for almost every time. And he hated it.

As he think about it, Kuroo has no reason to be angry. He was just helping that young girl, plus he was too busy interacting with the tourists, so...

Its been almost three days since he last saw Kuroo. Tsukishima distracted himself by doing gardening. He noticed that the wisterias are almost in full bloom, and it looked amazing that he had to stop what he was doing to get his art materials and draw. He would also spend time by trying and draw different objects, from plants, to the koi fishes in the pond, and even Yachi.

Truth to be told, he feels annoyed and lonely at the same time. His afternoon walks in the beach aren't the same anymore because he can't even focus on admiring the sea and the sunset. Kuroo's face keeps on appearing inside his head. And its worse when he can't sleep at night because he would imagine unholy things like he wasn't engaged to somebody else.

He was in his usual spot in the garden when his phone beeped softly. He reached for it and saw Osamu's message on the screen. Tsukishima doesn't know why, but he suddenly felt guiltiness wash over him. That's right, he is committed and engaged to his long time partner.

From: Miya Osamu

Hey. How are you?

Tsukishima quickly typed in a message. As soon as he sent it, he instantly received a reply.

From: Miya Osamu

Can I call?

He felt excited when he read Osamu's message. Its been quite some time since he heard his fiance's voice, and its a relief that he'd call. Moments after his reply, his phone buzzed wildly showing Osamu's caller ID.