Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Ring

"Tsukishima-san, you're early." Yachi greeted him, when he was sitting near the pond, feeding the fishes.

He dipped his hand to the water and let the fishes touch it. A slight tickle was what he felt when the fishes moved their body as if letting Tsukishima pet them.

"I couldn't sleep last night."

"Shall I start to prepare hot milk when you go to sleep?" Yachi suggested.

Tsukishima stood up, patting away the small crumbs of fish food that fell on his lap. He watched the fishes swim away.

"Are you going out for your afternoon stroll later?"

"Yeah. I met the owner of the villa yesterday, he said that he will let me stay to paint." Tsukishima said. He gave the food packet to Yachi, and the young woman received it with both hands.

"Alright. Shall I prepare snacks for the two of you?"

He slightly tilted his head. An image of them sitting under the tree eating snacks is somewhat like a picnic date. Hands intertwined, his heart feel at ease.

Instantly, he felt his cheeks redden.

"Tsukishima-san, are you alright? You're face is red."

Tsukishima blinked, before he answered. "Y-Yes. I'll go to my room now."

She smiled, before she bowed. Tsukishima took this as a signal to finally leave the garden, and head straight to his room. Once he reached his room, he immediately dove down his bed, his face buried in the pillows.

Truth to be told, he didn't get any wink of sleep last night. It feels weird, because he never felt restless like this even though he is with Osamu. Tsukishima shifted and cradled the hand where his ring was. He should not be confused, because Osamu was the one who stayed even after his accident.

Plus, Kuroo is not even his type. With that messy hair, slightly tanned skin, and playful attitude of his, Tsukishima will never like him in a million years.

Maybe he is just lonely, because Osamu doesn't want to spend time with him even though they are about to get married soon. Tsukishima knows that he denied the early date of marriage, but still Osamu should be making plans like spending time with him.

Sleep somehow found its way to him. He doesn't know when, but maybe the time when he closed his eyes when he was thinking about a lot of stuff. Good thing that he didn't crush his eyeglasses. A soft knock on the door alerted him, and he moved sluggishly to open it.

"It's time for your lunch, Tsukishima-san." Yachi was the one who greeted him.

He slightly nodded and rubbed his eyes. "I'll just get a quick shower."

After he finished preparing, he went to the dining area. Tsukishima has been here for quite some time, but the beauty of this traditional home still awes him. His eyes lingered on the painted vases that was placed on the corners of every hallway he passes by.

The lunch was sumptuous. He would eye the messenger bag beside him, asking himself why did he bring it with him. And for some reason, he kept on looking at the time. Yachi, observant as she is, pointed it out.

"Maybe Tsukishima-san want to head out early today as well?" She smiled, holding out the brown basket, although this time it was slightly bigger than the last one.

He was caught off guard. Was it too obvious? Well, he is excited to go back to the villa. To paint. Not see someone.

"I'm sorry for the trouble," Tsukishima said, receiving the basket with his free hand.