Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Guilt

Tsukishima fixed the cuffs of the suit he was wearing. The dark green color of his suit made his blond hair became more prominent, while his inner white dress shirt made the look less informal. He reached towards the small black bottle of perfume near the vanity and spritzed on his body.

As he stared at his reflection in the mirror, he couldn't help but smirk bitterly. His mind doesn't feel cloudy like before and it almost felt weird to have his memories back. Reminiscing the past months wherein he was kept in the dark by the people he is supposed to trust, a bitter feeling enveloped his stomach that almost reached his throat. As a result, he was forced to reach the pitcher of water and poured himself a drink.

Kenma was right.  The more the days has passed, the more he is looking like his past self. The usual calmness that was painted on his face was replaced by the cold stoicism he used to show. The soft gaze he had has reverted back into his icy ones. 

But he didn't regain his memories for nothing. He didn't want it so that he could become his old self. Tsukishima wanted it badly because he knows there is something going on that he doesn't know, and his brother was the cause of it. In the first place, the pain inflicted to him was the very thing itself that made him want to forget his memories before he had the accident. It was that very night itself that made him decided that if he didn't die that time, he wanted his memories to be wiped out clean. Now that he has it back, all he could think about was how is he going to make his play and make his brother pay for all of the things he did.

During their flight on their way back to Tokyo, his head was busy enough to try and thing of other things aside form the matters that he needs to handle once they got back. Another thing that remained on his mind is that he doesn't know if he should sacrifice art in exchange of leading the company. He remembers eyeing the painting he did and mulled it over for a million of time until he got the answer. And his answer is unclear.

He sighed. He'll cross the bridge when he gets there.

The door to his suite opened. He turned his head to the side to see Kenma followed by Akaashi with the former looking at him intently as he stood. Akaashi, on the other hand, excused himself and headed towards the wooden round table near the window. He closed the curtains and put his leather case on the table. Tsukishima walked towards him and eyed the documents that Akaashi piled.

"What are these?" Tsukishima asked, before he picked up and flipped the folder open.

"These are the projects that are supposed to be approved for today's meeting. I thought that we should give you an overview of what you need to expect for today." Akaashi said. He was about to say something before Kenma cut him off.

"Akiteru is trying to rush a few projects because they lost a multimillion deal to another company," Kenma eyed him intently.

"Home furnishings? Akiteru is trying to branch out to furnitures?" Tsukishima said in a manner that almost made him laugh as he sat unbelievably when he read the documents. "He didn't even succeed expanding into the international market like what my father asked him to do and now he is trying branch out to furnitures? Is he trying to destroy the company?" 

"Unfortunately, yes." Akaashi said as he placed another folder in front of him. "I know your brother is stupid, but I didn't know he can be more." 

Tsukishima's forehead creased at Akaashi's statement. He put down the document he was reading and picked up the new one. What he read absolutely blew his mind. 

"Akiteru..." His hand immediately went to the side of his head. "His greed knows no bounds. When is this effective, exactly?"

"If he garnered enough votes today." Kenma chimed in as he peered down from behind. "How did he made your mother agree, I don't know. But one thing is for sure Tsukishima. If you don't do things properly I don't know when are you gonna get another chance like this."