Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Why

There was not a single moment that he wasn't dumbfounded. As soon as he stepped inside Kuroo's office, he felt like he was finally in the predator's den. Tsukishima took some time to eye the surrounding. The office looked really sleek and one can definitely tell that it exudes luxury. As he walked towards the burgundy couch, he tried carefully not to leave dirt once he stepped on the gray carpet.

"You don't have to be so wary. I get my office cleaned twice a week." Kuroo said as he stood behind Tsukishima.

"Well excuse me then." Tsukishima, in annoyance, now stepped harder on the gray rug, as if purposely trying to leave a mark.

A smirk appeared on Kuroo's lips once the man saw what he did.

He kept standing because he doesn't to sit and stay for too long. Hell, he even wanted to flee as of now. Tsukishima bit the insides of his cheeks as he watched Kuroo work his way towards the large black desk. His eyes fixated on the rectangular glass in front of the desk where Kuroo's name was engraved.

"So what brings you here, Tsukishima?" Kuroo eyed him with amusement.

The nerve of this man! Tsukishima's jaw dropped at his question. He could believe it. Was he lured into this trap with a measly discount coupon?

"What brings me here? You literally had to ask that question when you know why the hell am I here," Tsukishima spat.

Kuroo only squinted his eyes innocently. "May I see your discount coupon, Sir?" he asked playfully.

Tsukishima instantly retrieved the small envelope with the coupons inside and walked hastily towards Kuroo's desk. A hand placed it with a thud on the black desk, making the stack of folders shake a bit.

Kuroo's intentions weren't clear behind this playful facade. The man opened the envelope swiftly and pulled out the slim paper. Kuroo hummed while inspecting the paper.

"These coupons seems fine. They don't need to get revalidated." Kuroo said.

Pissed, Tsukishima clenched his right hand that was on the desk and tried to leave. But before he could take a step away from the desk, a strong hand prevented him to do so.

When he turned around he threw a hard glare towards Kuroo. Slowly, he saw how Kuroo's face lose the playful expression and turned serious.

"Let me go." Tsukishima breathed harshly.

Kuroo only stared at him hard. His other hand held the coupon while his left hand gripped Tsukishima's arm tightly.

"I won't."

Tsukishima gritted his teeth. "What's with this stupid game you're trying to play? You really had to lie about it? Let me go, Kuroo. You're just wasting my time."

"You need your coupon right? Take it."

"I don't need it. I'll find another place to buy the things I need."

Kuroo released a deep sigh before he replied.

"I'm sorry."

With Kuroo's sincere apology, he doesn't know why his anger started to melt away. Tsukishima's heart started to beat loudly inside his chest drowning him with his own heartbeat. He eyes Kuroo whose face was sullen.

"Let me go, Kuroo." His tone was stern but the anger was already gone.

"...Please don't leave." Kuroo said in a low manner, and he sounded desperate.

It took a few seconds before Tsukishima replied.

"I won't."

Kuroo finally loosened the grip on his arm to free him. Tsukishima retrieved his hand and just stood straight. However, Kuroo tried to turn his back from him and throw his gaze outside the glass window.