Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Place

He stopped to catch his breath. Tsukishima felt the trickling of his sweat on his back. He turned his head behind him, looking back at the place where he ran away from.

Tsukishima pulled out his phone from his hastily worn hoodie. His phone showed the time, which is not really an appropriate time for someone to leave their house because their brother might pull something crazy. Its already ten minutes before midnight, and he is lucky enough if he cant find a taxi that can bring him to the nearest bank.

He took another sharp exhale before he continued to walk-run, carefully pulling down the black cap over his face further to cover it. Just to be careful, he even removed his glasses and switched to wearing contact lenses. Tsukishima reached the stop wherein people usually wait for either the bus or a cab, but the road is now dead empty.

Tsukishima scooted a bit over to the left. The lamp post was shining overhead, and he moved over the dark area wherein he could not be seen. His heart hammered when he saw a car passing by, and could not calm down after seeing the plate number on it which is not his brother's.

A notification pinged his phone that a taxi near him is available. With his shaky hands, he pressed the "book" button. Within seconds, he could see the upcoming headlights of a vehicle going near him.

The yellow vehicle stopped right before him. Tsukishima didn't even wait for the driver to open the door because he opened it himself, immediately sliding in the back seat. He placed his small bag beside him before he could lean back and exhale once more.

"Mizuho Bank please."

He saw the trivial look on the driver's face. "At this hour? I think the bank's close."

Tsukishima blinked. "Aren't they supposed to have atm machines?"

The driver hummed when he realized. They finally took off, and Tsukishima took this time to finally close his eyes and figure out his next move.

It didn't take him long to pack clothes. He grabbed the nearest black backpack and picked a couple of clothes and underwear, never minding the way how it looked inside his bag. Tsukishima didn't bother changing into something else, and just decided to wear a black hoodie over his pajamas. It feels uncomfortable, although he had no choice. The sandals on his feet were the only thing he could easily reach and put on before he disappeared.

His hand reached his bag which is beside him. Cradling it, in fact. As if he is going to protect it with his life. Everything happened too fast. The call from Yamaguchi, and running away without everybody inside the house knowing.

Knowing Akiteru, once he figured out that Tsukishima had ran away, he will immediately contact his men to look for him. His brother will probably try and use his connections into finding him, especially those who are bank owners. 

Another sharp exhale escaped from his lips. The only plan he has now is to withdraw all of the remaining money on his bank account in Mizuho in Shibuya. Tsukishima is sure that his brother will check where is the last time he used his cards, and this will give him ample time to escape Tokyo to finally go to the one place he wanted to go.

It was already 12:30 AM when they reached Mizuho. It was eerily quiet, even though Shibuya is restless at day. He nodded at the driver who dropped him off, and went straight towards the atm machine. Anxious and tired, as well as with his fucked up vision even though he is wearing contacts, he leaned at the machine for support because he feels like his knees is going to give up any second now.

His phone vibrated in his pocket but he didn't answer it. He sighed. Another thing that he needs to dispose of is his cellphone. The wad of cash that came from the atm machine seems unreal, and it seems to dangerous to travel with almost a million yen inside his bag. Without a choice left, he put it inside a small brown paper bag before he stashed it inside his bag.