Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Run

It was already noon when Tsukishima saw his mother and brother came back from god-knows-where. He was already in his work clothes and ready to leave for work peacefully, but now he have to put up with these people.

"Leaving for work already, Kei?" His mother asked before pulled a chair away from the dining table. Akiteru looked like he was talking with someone over the phone, but his attention was clearly at him.

"Can you stay for lunch? Your brother has something to tell you about the company."

Tsukishima turned his head and stared at his mother with a blank face, before his eyes traveled to Akiteru. After hearing what Akaashi said, his view towards his family  changed. He knows that it will only take a while until he starts to remember and how none of this happening in the present is real. 

The way how the chair sounded as he dragged it away from the dining table was too sharp that it caught his mother and his brother's attention. Akiteru looked at him weirdly, but he only stared at his brother with a straight face.

He had no energy to face both his mother and Akiteru. As he sat, he only eyed the empty plate only to be filled with food later. Akiteru was still on the phone, even though he is seating already in front of his food. They ate in silence, but his mother was sending him a concerned look.

"Kei, what's wrong? You've been avoiding us for a days now." His mother tried to coax a reaction from him but he didn't budge. He continued eating in silence.

Across him, Akiteru was looking at him curiously, but his eyes held a different expression. The phone call ended, so he started to eat. His eyes remained on him like a predator watching his prey.

His mother looked at Akiteru, asking for help. Akiteru sighed, but shook his head to the side.

"Don't bother any more, Mom. Maybe he has problems about his shop, and he wants to resolve it alone." Akiteru said, before throwing an innocent look at him. "Is your shop going well? You just opened a few days ago right?"

His mother looked at him expectantly. But Tsukishima did not answer. Again.

"Kei, can you please tell us what's wrong? Is your head troubling you? Shall we schedule another appointment for your doctor?"

He just shook his head to side. His eyes drifted to Akiteru, who seemed to have stopped eating and now just giving him a stern look. 

"Then what's wrong? You've been avoiding us, Kei. If its for the time when we couldn't come at your opening, I'm sorry. We were caught up in a board meeting and didn't knew the time what your shop will be holding its ribbon cutting..." His mother explained.

He frowned in displease. Board meeting? Didn't knew the time? That's bullshit. Tsukishima exactly said the time beforehand and its impossible for them not to miss it. And in fact, that's not even the reason why he is feeling this way. Bubbling anger was boiling inside of him. For his mother. For Akiteru.

Besides, even if they didn't knew the time they could have at least gone the next day. But it seems that they're too busy plotting behind his back. He clicked his tongue in annoyance.

He tilted his head. Tsukishima reached for the glass of water beside him, and drank from it. He excused himself as he finished eating, standing up and walking away from the two of them. He ignored his mother's calls, but as he neared the stairs he heard Akiteru stopped his mother from calling him.

Tsukishima gritted his teeth. He was still shaking from knowing the truth. He felt used. By his brother, his mother, Osamu, basically by everyone. He doesn't know how much lies he has been living into. Akaashi witnessed how he broke down upon hearing the revelation to him back in the office.