Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Waves

Tsukishima set his gaze outside the car window. He sat comfortably on their journey, and he felt was awed when they passed by a beautiful view of the sea. His hand pressed the button to lower down the car windows.

His face instantly felt the salty sea breeze. His eyes feasted on the sea, which was like hues of different blue paints mixed in together. It shone under the sunlight, reflecting it and it appears like there were crystals in the water.

Beautiful. He took his phone out and tried to take a picture of the mesmerizing view.

Instead of feeling afraid, his heart was undeniably calm. Tsukishima tilted his head and looked at the scenery before him.

Tendou was the one who suggested his family to have him stay near the countryside for a while. The fresh air might help him relieve the stress he is feeling, plus the bustling noise of the city might make him stressful.

Akiteru opposed the idea at first, though. He said that staying home might just be better for Tsukishima.

"But being cooped up in this mansion might trigger fainting spells, which could affect his brain more." Tendou explained calmly.

Tsukishima looked at his brother. "I think he is right, Akiteru-nii. The countryside might be a good place for me to recuperate..."

And retrieve his memories. Tsukishima exhaled at the thought. He was lucky that his mother helped him in changing Akiteru's mind. His brother finally agreed, but with conditions.

"Alright. You can go. But only for two month. And you have to bring bodyguards that I will assign," Akiteru said with an air of finality.

"Two months? Isn't that too short?" Tsukishima tried not to sound too excited.

Akiteru looked at him with slight annoyance. "We can't let your marriage with Osamu be stalled for too long."

He shifted his weight from his other foot to another. Tsukishima could feel rage blooming inside his chest, but he calmly replied. "Akiteru-nii, I told you my reason right? Marrying Osamu in this state feels one sided. It will be unfair to him."

"How would it be unfair to him if he wants to marry you?" Akiteru sighed exasperatedly as. massaged his temples.

"If he truly loves me, he will wait." Tsukishima ended.

Akiteru's gaze looked sharp for a bit. "Look, Kei. If its about your memories about Osamu that you're worried about, you don't have to. The past is not significant. The present that we have now will be ensuring our future. So focus on making new memories, Kei." he said.

He sighed. Tsukishima shifted in his seat, as he remembered their small argument in the library.

They passed by a small town. As their car continued to move, he saw the hectares of rice paddies on both his left and right. It seemed to stretch until the horizon.

He will be staying on a small rest house near the sea. The rest house was owned by their mother, who inherited it from their ancestors. The house was rebuilt from a 100-year-old traditional Japanese house, and it retained the traditional look and feel of a Japanese home.

As they arrived, Tsukishima moved to put out his suitcase.

"Allow us to do this, Tsukishima-san." One of the house helpers that his brother has chosen said. Tsukishima nodded and moved to the side so that they can bring his things inside.

Tsukishima found himself exploring the place. He was relieved to find a traditional Japanese garden, but there were some parts of it that seemed neglected. The irregular looking pond with koi fishes swimming looks like it was straight out of a fairytale.