Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Gold

"Tsukishima, what do you think about this?" Yamaguchi said as he inched towards him with prints on hand.

From his position, Tsukishima moved to check what Yamaguchi wanted him to see. He pursed his lips as his eyes scanned through the paper.

"I think this is good..."

"Right? Even better than the last one we examined. I had the team revised everything because I know you didn't like the lay out." Yamaguchi chirped happily.

"Because it doesn't fit-"

"Your description of classic and vintage, I know Tsukki." Yamaguchi snickered as he left the print in front of him and moved back to where he was seated.

He sighed and eyed the newly designed perspective and layouts once more. Like what Yamaguchi said, it was more accurate than before. As he flipped to another page, he felt satisfaction ease over his body.

Its been a whole month ever since he came back. He slowly adjusted to the life he had, and because of the help from his friends and his mother he was able to at least remember small bits of memory.

Tsukishima eyed the ring on his finger. He caressed it with affection and a small smile formed on his lips. It was true that the marriage isn't easy, but he feels safe knowing that Osamu was around. Although the downside of marrying a businessman like Osamu was the long overseas business trips Tsukishima has to endure before he could see Osamu again.

Leaning back on his chair, he slightly tilted his head. He is now currently in the back office of the place he bought. It was quite large actually, and the location was good so he wanted to make use of it. After asking permission from Akiteru, who was hell bent on his decision, he is now finally going to open his very own art store.

Yamaguchi was very willing to help. Although his best friend was already busy managing their own family business, he was actually busier than he is. He was the one who did the calls towards different architectural firms to get the layout of the building done, and he is doing a good job at it.

He straightened the folded sleeves of his dress shirt and fastened his belt. Tsukishima is schedule to meet the supplier for paints and other art supplies that Yamaguchi found. In one quick motion, he was out of the office and passed by Yamaguchi to say goodbye.

He sat on the driver's seat comfortably and started the engine. A soft pop music came alive when he accidentally connected his phone to the car speaker. Letting it go, he started to drive.

In the middle of his car ride, he was suddenly reminded of what happened during his short vacation. A small smirk appeared on Tsukishima's lips as he shook his head to the side and sighed loudly.

Everything that he experience at the countryside was what he called a midsummer dream. It was like a memory that happened in a dream, because it was something that felt so surreal. Of course there are times that he could not stop thinking about that man.

Tsukishima often wonders about Kuroo. How is he doing? Is he still in a complicated relationship with his significant other? The man was just a someone who passed by in his life during a time of crisis and was able to at least get off a bit of heavy feeling on his chest. But then he reminded himself. And that one thing is for sure, Tsukishima knows that he will never be able to meet Kuroo again. Ever.

He was pulled from his thoughts when he heard his phone ringing. Tsukishima smiled when he saw the caller ID belonged to his husband. Using his free hand he tapped the loudspeaker button to answer the call.