Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Brother

His ears started ringing as he tried to process the information he just heard. It suddenly felt like his body was dropped into a pool filled with ice as his insides went cold the moment he understood what Kenma said.

"W-What..."

Distraught, Kenma sighed annoyingly as he side eyed Tsukishima. The man leaned forward a bit to instruct Akaashi about driving away from Kuroo's condo unit but Tsukishima couldn't hear the rest.

What does Kenma mean by that? Kuroo's gone? Why? Where the hell did he go?

Tsukishima tried to calm himself down but he could not stop himself from thinking. His closed his eyes as it slowly cared for tears and he doesn't want to cry with Kenma and Akaashi around. Inhaling through his nose, he held his breath tightly.

Why would Kuroo leave him when he needed him the most?

Kenma noticed his agitated state. A hand calmly patted his shoudler. "Calm down, Tsukishima. I'll explain everything to you when we get there." 

"When we get...where?" Tsukishima shakily breathed. He suddenly doesn't have the strength to be angry right now, because he felt like he was breaking down slowly and painfully. His head started to throb painfully, the kind of pain he used to deal with before he got his memories back.

"I told you it won't be a good idea to tell him here," Akaashi said.

Kenma only looked at him with apologetic eyes but looked away after. Tsukishima weakly leaned back at the leather seat and breathed.

Kuroo left. But where and why? In his case, Tsukishima would be always the first to know because Kuroo would always tell him. But now...

He doesn't even have a single clue. And Kenma has.

He gripped the side of his head as he felt a familiar pain. A soft curse escaped from his lips, pissed at what he was feeling. The stabbing pain in his head didn't help with the cold, cold feeling he is experiencing at this moment. 

Tsukishima breathed out. At least this time, he was a bit calmer. Although there was still an unsettling feeling that kept bugging him out, he was able to think a bit clearer now. His eyes drifted outside the car window and looked at the dimming sky. 

He knows that there must be some reason why Kuroo left. And it is probably because of that reason that he didn't want Tsukishima to know. Could it be something related to him? Now that he thought of it, Akiteru's silenced that bothered him could be one of the reasons why Kuroo left. Did he leave to find and investigate where his family could be hiding? 

His hand fished out the smartphone inside his pocket. Tsukishima glared on the screen as it showed the glinting red of the battery level. His fingers glided smoothly on the screen and checked for messages that Kuroo or his brother might've sent that he didn't notice. His eyes stared at the last message that Kuroo has sent him.  

Kuroo:

I love you too.

He clicked his tongue in annoyance as he scrolled in different messages. His brother's last message to him was sent before the last meeting that they saw each other, and nothing follows after that.

Just before his battery reached 3% he typed a message for his brother.

Tsukishima:

Where are you? 

The moment the message got sent, he shut his phone down and hoped that maybe the next time he opened his phone, he'll receive a reply from his brother. He tilted his head to the side as he tried to think on the things he shall do.