Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Breathless

They got out of the elevator with Kuroo still holding his hand. It felt like he was walking in air, his feet didn't seem like it was touching the ground. Tsukishima was floating, his head was on cloud nine.

The two of them stopped near the reception so that they could wait for Kuroo's car outside. Tsukishima only stared at their intertwined hands, thinking that this could be a dream. But its not. He felt Kuroo tugged his hand thus bringing him back to reality.

"Are you okay?" He asked with his voice laced with utmost worry.

Tsukishima mindlessly nodded. The inside of his mouth suddenly felt parched as he stared at Kuroo wholly. The way how his hair was swept to the side cleanly emphasized Kuroo's handsome features. He fought the urge to ran his hand on Kuroo's  cheek and try to feel his chiseled jaw.

Kuroo's hold tightened. When someone tried to bring attention to Kuroo that his car is ready, he heard Kuroo mutter a small 'let's go'.

There were few employees who lined up and bowed as they walked past them. Tsukishima saw that one guy who rode the elevator with him, and nodded him to acknowledge his presence.  Although the time was short, Tsukishima felt like he already gained the employee's trust. 

A black Audi was parked a few meters away from them. As their shoes made contact with the hard concrete, the sound of click-clacking drowned his erratic heartbeat that kept ringing in his ears.

He saw Konoha come out from the driver's seat. The man had a small smirk painted on his lips as he saw the two of them together. Even though his heart is beating in a stupid pace, he managed to at least lift an eyebrow towards the man. 

"I hope the meeting went well," Konoha said as he held the backseat door open for the two of them. "Welcome back, Tsukishima-san."

Tsukishima didn't reply because Kuroo eyed him to get inside the car first. As soon as he sat comfortably at the car seat, Konoha closed the door. A frown was etched on his face, confused. 

His eyes followed Kuroo who was talking to Konoha as he walked him at the opposite door. Tsukishima saw how Kuroo's expression darkened for a second before he opened the car and slid in beside him. Now that Kuroo is inside the car with him, he could definitely smell Dior on him.

"Where to?" Konoha asked. Kuroo only moved his head to side to look at him.

"Where are you staying?" He asked in a low tone.

"The Ritz," Tsukishima replied. "We just arrived yesterday. I didn't have the time to find somewhere else to stay, so I just chose a random hotel."

"We?" 

Tsukishima side eyed him before he replied. "Akaashi...and Kenma."

He didn't receive a reply. He only heard Konoha whistle slowly, which earned Kuroo's glare. In a matter of seconds, the car that they are in started moving. 

Again, silence fell. Tsukishima fiddled with his hands as he threw his gaze outside the window. The buildings quickly changed as they drive on.

He heard Kuroo sigh softly, before he felt him move. A warm hand tried to take Tsukishima's left hand. His eyes traveled to Kuroo's fingers which is now tangled with his in a tight hold. 

"Why?" He blinked. 

Kuroo only stared at him hard before he looked outside the window as well. His forehead creased and his brows met.

"I think he's just relieved now that you're back." Konoha chimed in in a teasing tone.

Tsukishima glanced at Kuroo. He tugged his hand back as an act of trying to retrieve his hand to tease him, but Kuroo only glared at him and held his hand tighter.