Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Pain

Painting has been very therapeutic. Ever since Tsukishima came home from the hospital, he has been spending his time cooped up in his art room.

The first time of holding the brush made him feel scared, because he thought that he might not be able to paint nor draw. Tsukishima held anxiety close in his heart, but soon it faded.

Apparently, even though his memory his impaired, he could still paint like he used to. His daily routine would be sketching in the morning, then proceed to painting in the afternoon. His visitors would come to watch him paint, and sometimes Yamaguchi will start a piece of his own.

"I think you should blend in more violet," Yamaguchi suggested as he pointed out on the color of the sky. Tsukishima's painting was a beautiful sunset colored sky, the fluffy white clouds drifted on the hues of colors.

He hummed, before he followed his best friend's instruction. Tsukishima watched as the scenery became more vibrant that what it is.

"Hey." Osamu greeted as he walked in the art room. He has his hands on his pockets, and looked curious as he neared. "What is that?"

Tsukishima smiled at him and moved over so that Osamu could see what he painted.

"I'm practicing painting again," Tsukishima said. His brush moved as his hand fidgeted. "Do you like it?"

"Not bad," Osamu blandly reacted. His hand moved to his nape and he leaned to kiss him.

Tsukishima felt embarrassed about Osamu's action. He looked at Yamaguchi who held a stoic face, and eventually turned his back to focus on his painting alone.

"Let's go downstairs. I brought cake," Osamu nudged him stand up.

Tsukishima shifted. "Maybe later? I think I need to finish this painting," he said.

Osamu hummed but he seemed slightly annoyed.

"Come on, Kei. You can come back later and finish it." Osamu pulled his hand, making the brush he is holding drop on a floor. "You know I miss you right? Spend more time with me," he said.

Tsukishima sighed. "Alright."

He moved and picked up the brush. Tsukishima looked at Yamaguchi, before he spoke.

"Aren't you gonna come down with us?" he asked.

Yamaguchi only smiled. "I'll stay here."

Tsukishima nodded, quite envious that his friend gets to stay a bit longer. Osamu smiled victoriously, before he snaked an arm around his waist as they walk out if the art room.

As they walk downstairs, Osamu could not stop giving him neck kisses that its starting to bother Tsukishima. Maybe the man really missed him, he thought.

As they arrived in their small garden, the table was already set and a blueberry cheesecake was placed neatly on the center of it. Upon seeing it, Tsukishima could not help but feel disappointed.

As soon as they sat, Akiteru and his mother followed. His mother kiss him on the cheeks before she sat beside him.

"Aren't you glad Osamu is here to visit you?" Akiteru asked him, and grinned happily at Osamu. "And you brought cake!"

Osamu only laughed. "It's fine," he said before looking at Tsukishima as he put a slice on the plate before him.

Tsukishima's lips rose slightly, as if acknowledging Osamu's effort. Although his mother looked at him with worry.