Chapter 40

This is the last chapter of Moonlight By The Sea. I'm really thankful to everyone who's been reading this story. I will be posting the Epilogue in Kuroo's POV soon. I hope you liked this piece because I enjoyed writing this despite the long breaks in between. 

See you all in my next story. I am thinking of finally writing a spin off series for Yamaguchi and Ushijima based from my other story, To The Moon and Back.

Again, thank you very much for reading. Writing has and will always be my escape.

:)

-

Chapter 40

Light

There is a saying that goes that the Supreme Being give people their own number of days where they can feel joy. The same goes for the number of days where people are put into hard times. So when someone thinks that he had lived a hard life all throughout his early 30s, he might finally experience the joy he's waiting for the next years.

Despite the light, the darkness will come. Yet in times of darkness, there will always be light.

Tsukishima wasn't a believer and wasn't fond of that saying, though. He believed that having great luck is one of the biggest factors for someone to succeed.

But after everything else that he's been through, Tsukishima thought that maybe the saying was a bit...right. After all, for someone who is sitting on a sun lounger drinking fresh juice, he's quite content.

"Enjoying the view?" 

He heard a familiar voice behind him. Tsukishima only pursed his lips, as it twitch to try to form a smirk. Kuroo dipped down his level to plant a kiss on his cheek and burrowed his face on his neck.

"Can you please move a bit?"

"There are other sun loungers. I don't know why you're trying to take my space..." Tsukishima softly said as he felt Kuroo's soft breathing behind his ear, tickling him a bit.

"Other sun loungers don't have my baby in it..." Kuroo murmured.

Tsukishima felt butterflies in his stomach as Kuroo spoke. He felt the warm heat rush to his cheeks as Kuroo held his hand and intertwined their fingers together.

"On this sun lounger however, sits the most beautiful man that my eyes had ever laid upon..." Kuroo drawled as he spoke. 

"Really now?" Tsukishima tried to come up with a smart comeback but his head was too fuzzy because of what is happening.

"Mhm...and the most beautiful man in the world is my baby..."

He breathed out softly as he leaned to Kuroo's body. It was warm, but not the kind of warm that the sunlight that was peeking thru from the large parasol was giving. 

"Tsukishima Kei."

His name rolled out of Kuroo's tongue in an intimate way. Endearing, if he may add.

"Hmm?" Tsukishima hums in reply. He closes his eyes as he waits for his husband's reply.

"Nothing. I thought I had lost you when the accident happened..."

Tsukishima thought so, too. Its just that he finds it really funny that maybe fate and luck is on their side when they met again.

"I got you back, but then I lost you, again. Even though for a short while. I hated every bit of it because I promised myself that I would never let you out of my sight again." Kuroo struggled to let out those words as he sighed harshly.

"No one really expected what happened. So its not your fault. It was probably my fault too."

Tsukishima waited for Kuroo to respond but all he felt was Kuroo's pull and hug.