Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Painting

"I'll see to it that we'll be seeing each other," Tendou smiled. "I'm happy your body made fully recovery, all that is left for you is...retrieving your memories."

Tsukishima nodded. He sat comfortably on his bed, free of his hospital gown. Kiyoko had finished removing the IV needle, and carefully helped him get dressed.

"Thank you," he muttered under his breath.

"Anything for you." She smiled knowingly.

Osamu came inside alongside with his mother and Akiteru. The latter walked towards Tsukishima to give him a hug.

"I hope you're ready to go." He whispered in his ear which made Tsukishima flush. He sorta nodded before he slowly stood up for the first time in two months.

A wave of nausea hit him, and the people around him had worried faces on already.

"I'm fine. I just gotta get used to it." Tsukishima waved his hand, but Osamu provided an arm in which he clinged on as he walked.

Tendou ushered them to the bustling hallway. The distinct smell of the hospital made Tsukishima wrinkle his nose. Its unpleasant, but its quite bearable. Osamu light squeezed his hand in assurance that he will not let him fall.

Before they enter the elevator, his nose caught a familiar earthly scent which made him turn his head to the side. But all Tsukishima could see was the pristine white hallways with no one in it.

Probably it was just his imagination.

When they reached the parking lot, a man with a similar stature and face like Osamu greeted them. His yellowish hair curled like small waves to the sides of his hair.

Tsukishima looked at Osamu with confusion in his eyes. The man probably knew what the source of his confusion was, so he decided to look at Tsukishima and greeted him.

"I hope you're doing well. I heard about what happened," Miya Atsumu offered a hand. "I'm Atsumu, Osamu's brother. We've met a couple of times."

He gladly accepted Atsumu's hand and shook it. Somehow, a feeling of unfamiliarity washed over him. This man feels like a stranger, but he said that they have met a couple of times.

Akiteru acknowledged the presence of Osamu's brother, and the two of them slightly moved away from them to talk. Osamu held the car door open for him to finally get in the car.

He sat beside his mother, who held his hand tight. She looked at Tsukishima lovingly,l which made him feel like he was home.

The car ride towards their home took only 30 minutes. He was in awe when he saw the house they're supposed to be living in. It was a modern looking mansion, white walls adorned with chocolate brown paints on different areas.

Young women in uniforms greeted them. Tsukishima felt ashamed because he all of them looks at him like they fully know him, while he could not even remember their names.

Akiteru ordered the helpers. Tsukishima was brought upstairs by his mother, saying that he should take a look at his room.

At the middle of the hallway, he stopped his tracks. His face carried guilt and uncertainty.

"Why? What's wrong Kei?" His mother asked. A hand lifted his chin, as if telling him to confide to her.

"I can't remember anything...at all. I feel like I an a stranger in my own home." He breathed. Anxiety filled his body and he could feel his fingers shake.