Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Sign

His eyes were focused on the road outside their car. Tsukishima saw how the scenery changed from the familiar fields of green to the prominent buildings of the city. It was almost sunset, the sky was now turning into hues of orange. He would often answer Osamu's questions and converse with him here and then, but his mind was left somewhere else.

"Are you okay?" Osamu asked beside him.

Tsukishima moved and looked towards Osamu who was focused on driving before he three his gaze back outside the window.

"Yes. Just feeling a little bit tired."

"Shall we skip dinner and just head straight to your house?"

"Dinner is fine."

"Alright."

After the short exchange, Tsukishima sighed softly. Even though he tried to push back the unpleasant memory to the back of his mind, he couldn't forget how his body burned and how Kuroo's lips felt like.

He remembered the feeling of running back home. The feeling of crying his heart out for some unknown reason. Tsukishima thought that his reaction was weird. He was supposed to be angry towards Kuroo, but he was feeling sad. When Yachi opened the door for him, his young attendant couldn't help but feel worried about him.

At the same night, he was left in an emotional wreck. He was lying face down the bed and buried his face on his pillow. He even refused to eat dinner, and that he was feeling unwell. All he did the whole night was replay the scene at the porch.

The first question that popped into his mind was why did Kuroo did it. He was a committed man like him, but Kuroo seemed like he was kissing him as if he was a single man. And Tsukishima kissed back too! He groaned at that thought.

The next morning, his eyes were puffy red. Good thing that Yachi prepped ice cubes in the freezer that was supposed to go to his mango shake, but he used it to lessened the puffiness so that Osamu won't ask him about his eyes.

The bodyguards were busy putting his suitcases into Osamu's car. Tsukishima stood near the rock stairs, hands hidden in the pockets of his shorts.

Its not like he expected Kuroo to come and say goodbye to him. But a small part of him wanted to see him for at least the last time. He sighed.

The sea didn't even change. Its still in a beautiful color of blue, like the first time he came here. As he casted his final look at the sea, something inside him hurt.

In the end, his supposed stay in the countryside ended with a different mood. Instead of regaining his memories, he created memories that send his insides echoing. He wondered how Kuroo felt when they were kissing. In a sudden moment, his heart was beating like crazy.

"Akiteru said that the date for the marriage was going to be pushed in an earlier one."

Osamu looked like he was caught off guard by his question. He cleared his throat but calmly answered the question.

"Yes. It seems that your company has been suffering the most because of the competitor's actions...My brother suggested that the date of the signing should be put into an earlier date so that we can help you regain back your losses."

"Signing?" Tsukishima frowned.

Osamu tilted his head and looked at him. "Yes. Of the contracts and the marriage certificate as well."

"I thought...you guys are going to prepare for a ceremony?"

Osamu sighed. "Akiteru didn't want that. He said that it'll only cost too much."