Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Blood

One month and four days.

The clinking of melting ice inside the glass was what he heard that caught his attention. Tsukishima barely moved from his sitting position, but he shifted his gaze from the fading colors of the sunset to the ever beautiful sea. He watched as the waves roll over, the foams slightly making a weird fizzling sound as it reached the sands.

He was letting the sea distract him, but when a body rose from the waters he felt his heart beat inside his chest. Wildly.

Tsukishima averted his gaze, embarrassed. He is a committed man, for God's sake! He should not be having sinful thoughts about this man. The pencil he held as he drew made small sounds as he slide it on paper.

"Are you done?" Kuroo asked. His bird's nest of a hair hung low, dripping wet from saltwater. It trickled down his pecs, up to his chiseled abdomen.

"Y-Yes." Tsukishima replied, but he dared not to lift his gaze towards the man.

Kuroo only moved to sit beside the wooden chair beside him. Tsukishima only moved for about an inch, so their bare thighs could almost meet.

It has become their routine to visit the sea every afternoon. Kuroo suggested it because he noticed that Tsukishima has been quite bored from just hanging around his villa, or just doing gardening at the rest house. Tsukishima thought that its better, since he really finds the sea weirdly comforting.

"What are you going to do tomorrow?"

Tsukishima was now the one to move his head to look at Kuroo.

"Probably...the same thing again."

Kuroo lifted his eyebrows as if waiting for Tsukishima to speak. A sigh escaped from the blond's lips as he put down the pad and pencil.

"I don't really have much to do, Kuroo. I'm already thankful that you hang out with me even though all I do is draw, paint, or stare at the open space." Tsukishima explained.

"I like seeing you do what you love to do. It makes me relieved."

Tsukishima was caught off guard from the man's words. For sure, Kuroo already saw the red that scattered on his cheeks.

"If you're doing this out of pity, then you can go and leave."

Kuroo chuckled, amused by his reply. "I don't mind hanging around for a couple of days."

That caught his attention. Tsukishima curiously looked back at Kuroo who was drying himself with a towel. He was about to ask a question but it might show a sight of what he has been feeling towards the man.

"Let's go pack up. Yachi might be worried since you've been out for too long." Kuroo said as he wore the white shirt on, before gathering the things he brought inside the basket.

His steps were heavy, and he was lagging behind. Kuroo was ahead of him by two steps, but on his next step he halted. This made Kuroo look back at him with worry.

"Tsukishima? Is everything alright?" He asked.

"What do you want to do, Kuroo?"

Confusion entered Kuroo's eyes. "What?"

"You asked me what I wanted to do for tomorrow right? I realized that it was always like that. You asking what will I do tomorrow. So now, I'm gonna ask you. What do you want to do tomorrow?"

Kuroo didn't gave him an answer. But he spoke after a few seconds.

"I'll think about it."

As night fell, he couldn't bring his mind to shake off the thought of Kuroo leaving. But its the reality he has to face, because he was about to leave this place in a few weeks time too. He shifted on his bed, hugging the pillow with slightly tear stained eyes.