Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Burning

He didn't move. Tsukishima stayed that way in Kuroo's arms. The latter didn't mind at all, Kuroo even hummed softly as his hand softly caressed Tsukishima's back. Tsukishima sniffled, before he savored the last seconds of the feeling. Its weird. It felt like home.

Tsukishima was the first one to move away from their position. His puffy red eyes that were visible through his glasses averted away from Kuroo's gaze. He didn't saw the unfamiliar emotion that was on the man's face as he slowly moved away.

"I'm sorry. Its embarrassing that you needed to comfort me like this."

Kuroo swallowed hard. His jaw clenched before he closed eyes. "It's alright. You don't have to be embarassed about it."

His eyes traveled back to Kuroo's. When their gazes met, that's when he felt this warm feeling scattering all thoughout his body. A blush appeared on his cheek as he eyed Kuroo's concern towards him.

"...I'll just cleanup. You can go home now if you want to." Tsukishima said.

"I'll wait for you."

Tsukishima shook his head to the side. "You don't have to."

"I'll drop you off to your house. Its already late."

Tsukishima turned around and walked towards the counter. He heard footsteps follow behind him and as he placed the flower on the counter he looked back at Kuroo again.

"I won't go home. Not until I feel...fine towards the people I live with." Tsukishima quietly said.

He didn't hear a reply from Kuroo. Silence reigned among them but then Kuroo answered.

"Where will you stay?" His voice sounded like a whisper, like Kuroo had difficulty saying those words.

"I don't know. Maybe I'll stay here. Or maybe I'll just check in a hotel..."

"Come with me then."

Tsukishima's eyes widened at Kuroo's suggestion.

"Come with me. I'll let you stay for tonight...or for as long as you want." Kuroo took a step closer.

Tsukishima cleared his throat and averted his gaze again. "Are you sure?"

"Very."

A sigh escaped from Tsukishima's lips. "Fine. But I'll leave tomorrow morning."

After their talk, Tsukishima had to properly close the shop. He didn't have to worry about tomorrow since his staff already has key duplicates for opening the shop. Gathering his things, Tsukishima followed Kuroo into his car.

He checked the time. Its almost 10 in the evening, yet he still can't find himself yearning for sleep. He was tired, but he can't find the urge to yawn or be sleepy at all. As he sat inside the passenger's seat, the familiar cologne of Kuroo enveloped his smell.

Tsukishima watched as Kuroo slid inside beside him and start the car. Kuroo caught him looking, but the latter didn't break out into the usual grin he has.

He set his bag on his lap. The drive was smooth. Music was playing softly from the car's stereo. The little things made him think that everything he is feeling now is all too real. Like in one giant snap, he'd be back into feeling shit again.

Questions. A lot of questions popped into his head as he thought as to why the people he expected to come didn't come. Again, the anxiety he was feeling a few moments ago came up.

He was fiddling with his fingers when Kuroo's hand reached for his hand and intertwined their fingers together. Tightly. He looked at Kuroo in surprise but the man was focused on driving.