Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Swim

He felt an arm wrap around him. His eyes were casted to the Tokyo skyline night. The silky maroon robe he wore looked a little bit darker than its usual color because the light inside the room was turned off.

"Do you regret it?" A voice whispered near his ears.

Tsukishima softly snorted. His hands went over the hands that locked around his waist. He tried to look at the man's reflection on the glass window but it was all fogged. His eyebrows met.

"I would never."

"Hmm..You sound different." The man's nose nestled on the crook of his neck and shoulder. Tsukishima felt the soft breathing on his skin, and it felt quite ticklish.

"I said I'm not. Why would I regret something like this?" Tsukishima said.

"Really?" A teasing hum followed.

Tsukishima only rolled his eyes, which made the person behind him laugh loudly.

"I'm just teasing you, why are you so mad?"

Tsukishima tried to shift but the arms were locked too tightly. "Its because you doubt me."

"I would never doubt you, Kei." The man seriously said, which made Tsukishima's heart beat irregularly.

Now, it was his turn to tease. "Really?" Tsukishima's lips rose into a smirk.

"Really." He drawled.

"Are you really sure?" Tsukishima, who already knows the answer, prodded.

"Yes. I trust you, you know. I know that even if we're not together, I will always find a way to come back to you. And I know you'll do the same."

When Tsukishima moved to face the person behind him, his ears started ringing. He crouched down as he held his head because it was it pain. Tsukishima looked at the person in front of him thinking if he will help him, but the man only stood in front of him, facing the skyline.

He shouted loudly, as the pain became unbearable. He could fell his head throb as he tried to read the man's lips. However, the darkness consumed him once more.

Groaning, he shifted to his right, away from the window where sunlight was peeking through the half closed blinds. He inhaled softly but angrily exhaled. Tsukishima opened his eyes, only to find himself in his room, not in the place where he dreamt of.

Its the first dream he got ever since he came out from the hospital. Although a little groggy, he tried his best to sit up straight, and recalled his dream. He was in some building in Tokyo, wherein he could he the skyline. The room seems unfamiliar to him though.

A hand traveled to the side of his head to massage it. It doesn't hurt anymore, unlike the throbbing pain he felt a while ago. Preparing for today, he stood up and went to the shower.

He doesn't have plans painting today though. After all, he has been going almost every afternoon at Kuroo's place. Counting today, its already been a week since he started coming over to draw.

Tsukishima tilted his head as he brush his teeth. His mind drifted off somewhere else. Its true that coming over Kuroo's villa has been therapeutic because of the pleasant working environment, but Tsukishima feels like he's been doing it for something else.

Kuroo is really fine with him coming over though. But the fact that his visits would always occur in the afternoon wherein the man might have something else to do, it bothers Tsukishima.

"Good morning, Tsukishima-san." Yachi greeted. Her usual smile painted on his lips.

Tsukishima nodded in response, and sat down in front of the dining table. He eyed the food that was carefully prepared. Its the usual breakfast, fluffy scrambled eggs with rice, a bowl of cherry tomatoes and a small serving of beef strips in brown sauce. Even though its simple, Yachi surely prepared this with utmost sincerity.