Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Pictures

He spent the last five days trying to remember, but not a speck of memory appeared. Tsukishima would always clench his teeth in frustration, because whenever he stresses himself he would always get headaches. Being enclosed inside this cold hospital room makes him more anxious than he was.

Apparently, he has been in a coma for about a month since his accident. Although there were times his vital signs would drop drastically, the doctors would find him on a stable conditiom next day.

One thing Tsukishima could not forget the sight of  the horror on their faces when Tendou said that he had amnesia.

"It's traumatic amnesia. We had them scan his brain to check how was the damage, but we did not expect...this," Tendou had a sympathetic smile plastered on his lips.

The red haired doctor held the flimsy film which showed parts of his brain. Tsukishima did not hear what he said next because his mind drifted of somewhere.

The fact that he can't even say who he was scared him the most. Who was Tsukishima Kei? What kind of person is he? He thought.

What's weird is that whenever he sees his brother, he gets a weird gut feeling. He could feel pure disdain rising from his chest, and he doesn't know what is the cause of this.

So far, he knows what his frequent visitors' names was. Hinata was the bubbly orange haired one and Kageyama was the one who was always beside him. Apparently, the four of them went to the same high school, alongside with Yamaguchi.

He smiled at the thought of Miya Osamu. The man said that they have been in a long term relationship. They were about to get married, but the accident happened. That explained the silver ring that was resting on his finger.

Pictures were littered on his white hospital blanket. It was brought from home by Yamaguchi, because he thought that by doing so his memory would somehow return slowly.

"This was taken when we were busy doing our plates," Yamaguchi showed him a picture of the two them sprawled over on the table. He observed that there were colorful plates that were scattered around them.

"Plates...you mean, I used to do art?" Tsukishima tilted his head.

"Yes! The both of us went to art school together," Yamaguchi nodded proudly and clapped his hand. "I remember that time when you were so in love with art that you defied your brother's order to take a business management major," he chuckled.

"I did that?" Tsukishima blinked his eyes.

Yamaguchi enthusiastically nodded. "Actually, before you had your accident, you were supposed to open an art store."

Tsukishima saw how Yamaguchi's face morphed into sadness.

"When you had the accident, we thought that you'll never come back to us." Yamaguchi breathed. "But now, you're here! Even though you can't remember us, I am happy that you're alive."

Tsukishima was then reminded of the said accident. He stared at Yamaguchi intently, waiting for the right time to speak.

"Yamaguchi, you said that I had an accident right?" Tsukishima asked. "Perhaps...do you know the details of it?"

Yamaguchi seemed like he was stunned by his question. Tsukishima motioned his hand in front of him.

"It's because...the only thing that I knew from Tendou-san was that the car I am driving fell to the sea on a stormy night." Tsukishima continued, and hopefully looked at Yamaguchi. "I spent the past few days thinking about it. And I have a lot questions. Why was I driving that night even though I know its raining? Please, Yamaguchi. Tell me."