Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Dead

He woke up in a peculiar way. 

Tsukishima slowly opened his eyes, never minding the stinging pain on his left cheek. He tried to move, but his hands were still tied behind his back. His other cheek was hardly pressed on the cold, clammy ground. A small groan escaped from his lips as he tried to push himself up,  putting his remaining strength on his legs. 

His body ached.  Really badly. Tsukishima huffed inwardly as he tried to stretch his arm but couldn't. 

Fuck.

There was a slight crack on the lenses of his eyeglass.  It wasn't that big, yet it kind of hinders his vision. He used his shoulder to slightly adjust the frames back into the sides of his ears as his hands couldn't even move an inch.

Upon further observation, he noticed that the place looked familiar based on its tacky interior. A lone hanging light bulb attached to the old, unkempt oak ceiling swayed a bit from the slight breeze that came from the farthest window. Metal shelves were soldered on the wall, yet if one would try to yank it away, it would definitely break based on its rusty appearance. 

Despite his poor condition, he could smell the salty air blown by the sea. Dazed, he blinked for a couple of times to process everything. The last thing he could remember was the chaos in the airport. With Kenma and Akaashi being distracted, the two only could only watch as he was being dragged away by his brother to god-knows-where.

But if his hunch is right...

He tilted his head to the side. Sweat trickled down the side of his neck as he try and move inch by inch away from his original place. Tsukishima could hear the waves rock back and forth before slamming itself to the shore. 

"Hah, my brother is really an idiot..." he muttered under his breath as he looked out from the window. 

From what he could tell, the sun is almost close to setting. Other than that, the view from the top never changed. He could see the entirety of the sea that stretches back all the way from the shores where he drove himself off the cliff. His eyes traveled to the beach house, wherein he noticed two black cars parked in front of the porch. 

A sarcastic smirk escaped his lips. What is his brother thinking when he brought Tsukishima here? Does he think that if Tsukishima escaped, he will not be able to leave this place? Tsukishima knows this place like the back of his hand.

"Foolish, foolish brother..." Tsukishima breathed as he slid down and sat on the dirty ground. A minute has passed when he heard the stairs creak as footsteps come closer.

His eyes traveled around him, trying to look for something useful. To his delight, he found a small discarded piece of metal lying a few inches away from him. It looked like it was once a part of the old shelves on the walls.

As the footsteps come near, he tried his best to wiggle towards the metal. He turned his back to reach for it and gripped it tightly behind him. 

Akiteru's annoying face was what he saw as he acted like he just woke up. Behind him were two men, dressed lightly, but he could see the gun holsters strapped on their waists. He felt a chill run down his spine, because these guys could just whip their gun out and kill him right on the spot.

"You're awake,"  Akiteru pointed out as if it would change the course of his fate. Tsukishima only grimaced as he saw Akiteru murmur something to his men, causing them to move towards him and grabbed him on his arms. Fear whispered as the metal almost escaped his grip. Luckily, he was able to tuck it quickly underneath his clothing.