Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Easy

The moment he woke up, Tsukishima's emotions are all over the place. The anxieties that he had built over the past month and week is starting to resurface. Although he keeps telling himself that everything will be alright, something in the back of his mind denies it. With a sigh, he leaned back from his position and stared at the wall.

His breakfast was good but it tasted bland. For some reason, he was feeling a bit down because he is leaving too early. Actually, he tried to talk it out with Akiteru last night but their conversation almost went the wrong way.

"Stop it, Kei. Its not helping at all." Akiteru sounded annoyed on the other line.

He stopped his hand from rubbing the towel on his head. Slowy, he also felt the irritation bubbling inside him.

"But you said that I could stay a bit longer! What happened with that decision?" Tsukishima briskly asked.

He heard Akiteru sigh.

"We've already planned to put the marriage date a bit early. The merging of the company's shares must already happen since... the competitors are becoming more and more aggressive."

"You've already planned? But what about me? I thought Osamu was willing to wait for me to regain my memories?"

Akiteru clicked his tongue. "If we wait for your memories to return, by that time our company would already be in flames."

With Akiteru's response, he felt a dagger struck his heart. Why does his brother think like he is not concerned for his well being? It seems that regaining his memory was his brother's least priority.

"So stop protesting, Kei. You only have us. And if we let you do what you want to do, it'll only give us problems."

That's what his brother said. He spent the whole night last night pondering over things...that he shouldn't even be wasting his time with. Right now, what he wanted to focus on the request Kuroo asked him to do.

A sigh escaped from his lips as he covered his face. Soft pink tinted his cheeks and ears for some unknown reasons, and butterflies appeared inside his stomach as well. Why was he suddenly nervous? Tsukishima tilted his head and thought of things. Like he is kinda worried that Kuroo might not like the finished product.

Yachi knew about what he's going to do today so before he left, she prepared several snacks and desserts that they could eat. In his hand was the basket, while the brown messenger bag hung over his body. It contained an A4 sized sketch pad, several charcoal pencils and pens.

The weather today looks nice. Even though its almost noon and the sun was on its highest peak, the heat didn't feel that bad on his skin. He was at least taking a long glance over the fields of green that he always passed by whenever he's going to the villa. The almost thirty minute walk now felt like it was halved because of the view.

When he reached the villa and saw Kuroo fixing the flower beds, his heart hammered. Especially when their eyes met, Kuroo's eyes glinted and looked at him knowingly. The man stopped what he was doing and stood straight to acknowledge his presence.

Kuroo was wearing tight fitting gray shirt and black shorts. He saw the muscles on Kuroo's arms bulging and he tried to avert his gaze. On his hands were working gloves and a strawhat completed the look.

"You're early." Kuroo greeted, as he removed the pair of gloves.

Tsukishima nodded. "I'd like to start early so that we can finish early too."

Kuroo chuckled lowly. "You really want to leave that bad, huh?"

Tsukishima blinked his eyes realizing that Kuroo might have misinterpreted what he said.