Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Hazel

Kuroo parked the car about a good meter away from the mansion. Tsukishima frowned because the darkness did not left Kuroo's face ever since they started the car ride. Not that he cares, but it has been bothering him for some time now.

"Are you okay?" Tsukishima asked.

Kuroo was caught off guard by his question. His eye darted away from Tsukishima and tapped his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Yes. I am."

Tsukishima sighed. "I told you that I can go home by myself."

"I didn't mind. I just want you to get home safe."

A slim brow arched. Tsukishima crossed his arms and processed what Kuroo said.

"Do you this to your other clients? Or to your secretary?" An implied tone was laced with Tsukishima's statement that sent a small smirk on Kuroo's lips.

"Only you. You're a VVIP."

Tsukishima rolled his eyes in disbelief before he proceeded to unbuckle his seat belt. He checked his bag because he might forget something in Kuroo's car and he didn't want it to happen.

"I'll go now. I'll keep in contact for any inquiries."

"Text me when you get inside."

"Jesus, do you hit off with your clients? Why are you so clingy?"

Kuroo's eyes glinted with something he didn't catch. "I said it earlier. Only to you because you're a VVIP."

"Whatever. I'm going out now. Thanks for dinner."

As Tsukishima opened the door, he didn't wait for Kuroo to respond. He walked towards their front gate and pressed the doorbell, before he looked back to find Kuroo's car still parked near their house.

A helper opened the massive gate for him. He took one last look at Kuroo's car, then waved a hand goodbye before he went inside.

"Are they home?" Tsukishima asked.

"Yes. You have a visitor as well."

Tsukishima's forehead creased at what the helper said. A visitor? He didn't know anyone that would visit him in the evening unless its Yamaguchi.

When he stepped inside the house, he was almost guided to the living room wherein his mother, Akiteru, Osamu and his older brother was. He asked the helper to leave since they seem to didn't know about Tsukishima's approaching presence, so he silenced his footsteps even.

As he got closer, he saw how his mother's expression was miserable. Akiteru was talking lowly, so he couldn't hear what he was saying. Atsumu, Osamu's elder brother had this unbothered expression on his face.

As soon as he got near, Osamu was the one to notice his arrival right off the bat. He seemed nervous but he played a everything right.

"Kei! What are you doing here?" Osamu asked as he stood up.

Everyone else in the room froze and Tsukishima caught that. Akiteru's face held that smile again, although he could he its all a facade. His mother couldn't look up and was busy drinking whatever it is inside the cup.

"Its my house, of course I'll be here." Tsukishima replied. He stared at his husband who seemed distracted.

"What's wrong? What were you talking about before I got here?"

Atsumu cleared his throat as he picked up a cup. "Why don't you guys catch up? Osamu just got home from his business trip and he even got you something."