Chapter 55; Light

Selena's POV
_____________________

"It's okay to let go, honey. It's now or never. You're running out of time...." I heard the nurse's voice fading out of my head.

Autumn and Matt walked in, tears in their eyes, and hands intertwined.

Am I dreaming?

I was snapped back into reality when I was gasping for breath, barely breathing, and trying to grasp the life I wish I had held onto. I want to live. I do. I want to be there for this baby, and Autumn, and him. Life may be complicated and more complex than it needs to be, but I can't abandon this baby. Not now. Not so close. I have to stay. I can't let go. I need to breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe...
********************************
Nash's POV
____________________

The nurses left us to talk for a couple minutes before Autumn and Matt were allowed to come in.

I looked at her still body and tried to stop crying. But I couldn't. It was impossible.

She was the first girl I've ever truly loved. She is beautiful, smart, talented, amazing, nice, funny, unique, different.

She's not like any other girl. She's herself... And she doesn't try to be someone she's not. I admire that about her, and I love that she could be anything or anyone she wants in the world and she chooses to be herself cause if she's anyone or anything else, then it's not her, and she doesn't like that.

I smiled to myself for a brief moment at the memories and flashbacks of when we first met.

And then I was snapped back into the real world when I saw Selena trying to reach out to me, but was too weak. She was trying to tell me something... But I couldn't tell what it was.

I started crying dry tears when I saw she was yet again dying. I felt another lump rising in my throat, head throb, and hole in my heart. I felt a lonely, empty hole in my heart. I couldn't deal with it.

I know there are other girls, but she is my one and only. And I know it. I may be young and dumb and stupid, hell, a full on fucking moron, but I've never felt this way. She makes me want to change and be the man she wants and needs me to be. I've done a shit job, but I'm trying. I've slept with so many girls, hell. Probably every girl I've come across. But there was something so different about her that I felt like I couldn't go back to how it was.

I was numb.

I couldn't feel anything.

It was all because of her.
•••••••••••••••••••••••
Autumns POV
______________________
"NURSE!! NURSE!!" I called.

The nurse came rushing in with more medical shit and started trying to revive her. As the nurses were treating her, two more stepped aside and lightly pushed Matt and I out of the room.

"I think it's time to go guys. She might be here all night. That kid over there won't move. Won't say a thing. And when he does, it's to say that he's not leaving until she leaves with him. Man... He must really love her."

"He does..." I said then started crying into Matt's shoulder after realizing that Nash may never get to see the love of his life again. And I may never see my best friend again...

It's all too soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7 hours later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They got the machines up and running again and Selena was finally breathing. Thank god. She might actually make it out of this place alive. Nash has been trying to feed her, and she's been trying to force it down her throat, but I feel bad that Nash just can't find himself to eat again. I can't remember the last time he ate or the next time he wants to eat.

Then she called me over and whispered in my ear.

"Don't let me go. I wanna get outta here. I wanna live. I wanna see the world. Don't let me die..."

"I won't." I promised.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
A/N haven't updated in forever. Still in the midst of moving and everything so sorry.

Let's get this to 7K reads!

Twitter- @MagconBabesFan_

Stay Fab-

xx Selena Grier xx