Chapter 9; The Dress

Selena's POV
_________________________

Today was the day. Today was the day that I could mourn my fathers death without people judging me for almost killing myself over this. That's one thing- besides Autumn for stopping me, the MAGCON boys have helped me so much through everything. If Autumn had even showed me the vine if Cameron telling us that we are beautiful and no matter what we were going through, we'd get through it, then it would've made me re-think about what I was doing. Those boys mean the world to me. They've helped me more than anyone else in this entire world besides my best friend.

***** 1 hour later *****

Autumn's POV
________________________

"Are you ready yet?" I called out to Selena. She replied within seconds.

"Yeah almost. Just let me grab my coat." I grunted before answering, "Hurry up, I want to get a dress before they close!"

"You'll get your dress, piss off," she replied in a quite sassy tone. Is this bitch trying to get punched?

I texted my brother, Jimmy, to see if he was ready to pick us up and bring us to the dress shop downtown. Once I saw him pull up as he was reading the message I had just sent him, I dragged Selena out of the house giggling at the sight of her with one shoe on- one shoe off. "Wait, let me grab my other flip flop, bitch!" she yelled to me.

"We don't have time!" I yelled to her as I ran to the car.

When we finally arrived at the dress shop, we told her what we were looking for, and the woman who worked there, Anabella, picked out a beautiful yet simple black dress for Selena.

"That's s'cute!!" I told Selena in my 'Catahh' voice. Man I love those boys...

"Hi, my name is Noelle, and I will be helping you find your dress today. Is there anything you're looking for specifically?" the woman greeted.

"Not anything in particular, but I am going to a funeral." I explained to Noelle.

"Funeral? Sure no problem, please follow me right this way..." her voice trailed off while she was walking away, me following closely behind to make sure to not get lost in this giant store. Who knew?

Then- I found the dress I've been looking for. I've seen it online and everything, but I never knew they sold it here!

It was a short strapless dress, with some sort of a lace over coat and it was absolutely beautiful. I checked the price tag. '$54.99' . Damn that was pretty expensive... But well worth it. I tried it on and it fit me perfectly. Everything about it was just so amazing. I went up to the desk with my correct size and payed for the dress.

"Are you sure you want this dress..?" Noelle asked me.

"Yeah... I've been looking around for this dress everywhere and I think it will be perfect for the funeral," I explained to her.

"Ok well let me tell you something about this dress... It is cursed. I know it sounds really stupid and lame. But that's because it's not true." What? She was just confusing me now.

"I'm just kidding, hun!! This dress is beautiful and we have some really cute shoes over there if you'd like to look!" Noelle beamed at me, pointing in the direction towards the shoes.

"I'm good, my friend and I have shoes at our house that we bought a couple of days ago." I told the woman.

"Oh it's alright hun, I was just checking. That'll be $54.99 sweetie." I gave her $55 and walked out of the store to wait for Selena. I hated dress shops. If it was respectful, then I'd just go to this funeral in Jordan's and some sweats. But I guess I had to dress up for this. I know how important it is for Selena, and I don't want to disappoint her. Especially after the reason why we are shopping for dresses.
___________________________
Selena's POV
___________________________

Anabella pulled out a beautiful swan looking dress, but I felt like it was just way too much for me. I went over to a small rack and picked out a short strapless dress with lace over it. It was perfect! I read the tag. '$54.99'. That wasn't really a bad price, was it? I went to the register to pay for the dress after trying it on, and Anabella beamed at me with excitement.

"Oh my goodness this is perfect! It's not too much like the one I showed you earlier, but it's not too... Show-off-ish. I love it!!"

"I know I love it too!!"

Once I payed for the dress, I ran out to the car where Jimmy and Autumn were waiting for me.

"Oh my god I got the perfect dress!" Autumn and I said at the exact same time, laughing at the constant coincidence.

"Ugh I can't wait until this whole funeral thing is over. I don't think I'll be able to grow up knowing that the rest of my family is fucked up and can't have the common sense to raise a damn child," I complained to Autumn. It was true. I don't know where I'm going to live. Who's going to raise me. Or how I'm going to be able to support myself in the future with no money for education when I'm older. No money no education, no education no job, no job, no money. No money, no food or water. No food of water, death. I can die. Just slowly suffering rather than taking a couple shots by the speeding bullets of the gun, in which the man was waiting to pull the trigger- two fingers wrapped around the little bar that could end life as we know it. My brother is always too stoned to care. So who will take care of me? I pit the thought off to the side, and waited in the car in silence on the way home. When I got home, I ran to my room to curl my hair, put very little makeup on, slipped on my dress and shoes, and was ready to go.

It was finally time for the funeral.

How was I supposed to survive this?
___________________________
A/N hey guys!! I promised you two updates so here it is!!! I was going to write more, but then I realized that this chapter would be too long and ugh I do not feel like doing all of that right now haha

Let's get this to 1K reads!!

Follow me on twitter!!- @MagconBabes_fan

Stay Fab-

xx Selena Grier xx

P. S. Shout out to my best friend for getting over 940 reads on her fanfic, that's crazy!! I'm so proud of her!! Go read her fanfic "A Dream Come True- Matthew Espinosa fanfic" it's so good!