☆||Chapter 24||☆

|| March 15, 2019 - Friday ||

10 Minutes before our last concert, our last tour in New York. We were in the backstage, nervous as always. We could hear our fans screaming. The girls and I would constantly check up on each other, our outfits, our vocals, and our choreography. We would always get nervous before our performances, it's something that we can't help but feel every time.

Hyerim unnie puts her hand forward, "Moonlight...!

We did the same, "Go! Go! Go! Moonlight, fighting!" We cheered.

We circled, "Okay, girls... We can do this, as usual, do your best! We can do this." Hyerim unnie says, smiling at us.

We agreed and got ready to get out of the backstage, once we went to the stage, we immediately greeted our fans. "Hello, New York!" I screamed at them.

The fans responded with a scream, chanting our group name. "You guys are energetic as always." Hyerim unnie says. 

We had a small talk with the fans and proceeded with our performance, we would take small breaks every after song. The last thing that we always do is have a real talk with the fans at the very end.

"I really hope everyone enjoyed this show, I love you Starlights!!" Screams Yoomi in her cute, broken English accent.

"So, my mom told me that she's here right now. With all these crowds, I never got to find her." Hyerim says, laughing and looking for her mom. 

"Hyerim!" Someone screams from the distance and they raised their hands. 

Hyerim was shocked, "Oh! Mom, there you are! You seem to enjoy the performance." Hyerim says and the fans laughed, along with the girls and me.

I sighed, getting tired and a little depressed. The fans noticed me, they were asking what was wrong with me. The girls came to me and gave me a pat hug, I began crying. I knew this was gonna happen, "I-- I'm just not feeling well for all of the last concerts, ever since I got the news... That-- That my mother and my little brother... Passed away." I told them. 

I lost balance and decided to squat, the fans were screaming 'Don't cry.' or 'It's fine." As much as I loved them saying that, I knew that I wasn't gonna be fine. "I really appreciate for making me happy," I said to the fans. "I'll try to be strong, I won't disappoint you guys. Thank you for sticking by our sides, just... Just don't leave me, don't leave us." I told them, crying even worse than before. 

The girls were trying to comfort me, but cried with me, also the fans. "New York is my home, it is where I grew up and where I was raised. Before the tour started, my-- My father, that was staying with me in Korea, told me that they passed away... Some of you might not know, but I got hospitalized after he said that. I fainted when he said, I didn't want it to be true... But it is what it is." I looked at the fans and managed to smile, "I'm sorry for worrying you guys, also... Thank you so much for listening to me." I finally stood up and bowed to them, the girls followed me.

After all that speech, we were talking about some stuff and all those important things with the fans. Then, everything was finally over. We left the stage and went to the backstage, the staff immediately comforted me with nice words. It made feel happy and I felt like I didn't deserve their love, I truly didn't believe 

Manager Han came running to me, "(Y/n)! I found it!" She says, handing me a paper. It was filled with information on my mother and brother's death, it was their death certificates.

I smiled at my manager and gave her a huge hug, "Thank you, unnie.

She pats my back, "Now, you need rest. I'll let you visit them tomorrow, make sure to send them offerings and send them some good messages too." She smiles.