Part 17 - Ishigami

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold the fucking phone," Y/n said, pushing her way through the crowd. "What kind of sick joke is this?!"

Senku sighed. "Ughhh. Things have gotten seriously complicated. Anyways, if I marry Ruri, that means I'd obtain this entire village, right? Then here I go..."

Senku was married. 

"Where the hell did you come from, you bastard Senku?!" The Chief roared. Senku laughed. "I can't accept an outsider as chief!!"

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the previous village chief? Personally, I could care less whether you accept me or not. Now, I won, so bring me the booze! Now!"

Y/n stood by Kohaku, a babbling mess. What in the royal diddly-darn f u c k had just happened?! Y/n just witnessed her closest friend, the man most likely to never even kiss someone, get married. Kohaku sighed as several men brought jars of wine, telling Senku they had already turned to vinegar.

"Ohh, that's fine! I'll take them too!"

Suddenly, Ruri collapsed, coughing. Blood dripped from her mouth, and Kohaku rushed to her side. Senku's cheerful attitude turned serious, and before he could take his alcohol and leave, the village men held him back.

"Heyyy! We always celebrate the wedding ceremony by drinking all night through to tomorrow morning! Stay a while, new village chief!"

"Haaaaah, I see," Senku said, unamused. "I guess I'll need a divorce."

Senku got divorced. He dragged Kaseki and Y/n along, cackling.

"Kukukuku, we just got tons of alcohol!! Back to our kingdom, my citizens of science!!"

Y/n could hear the outburst from the village as Senku dragged her by the hand. Out of all the events from that day, Senku getting married and divorced in a grand three minutes was by far the weirdest. Actually, getting divorced was just like him. Getting married in the first place is what completely threw her off.

After stopping by the river, Kaseki showed off the latest design Senku had instructed him to build. Y/n couldn't pay much attention to what was going on, still shocked from earlier. Before she knew it, Senku was tapping her on the shoulder.

"Huh? Did you space out or something? Come on, we're going back to the lab."

"Oh! Uh, right!"

After returning to the lab, Y/n found that Senku had someone bring a passed out Chrome along. Kohaku and Suika tagged along, and Kohaku sighed in relief when she saw Chrome.

"Senku's not a demon after all!... He brought Chrome back and is even letting him rest.."

As if Senku wanted to prove her wrong, he stuck two swabs coating in ammonia up Chrome's nose, instantly waking him up with a scream. Y/n winced as she witnessed Senku perform that painfully uncomfortable action.

"BWGWAAAAAAAAGH!!!"

"Get up on your feet and help out, science user!"

"Never mind... he's a demon."

Senku held up a flask, grinning. "All we need to do is put the ingredients together and we're finished. By tomorrow, the cure-all will be complete!"

Though Senku said they'd be done by tomorrow, it was by no means going to be easy. In the first few minutes, Y/n already had a headache to add to the dull throb in her jaw. After making a sulfanamide, which Y/n still didn't understand what it was, they sped through the rest of the experiments, until they finally wound up on the floor of the lab after blowing up yet some more chemicals.