Part 22 - Stone Day

Magma blindfolded Senku and sprinted off to the village with the scientist over his shoulder. While Y/n didn't approve of this fought treatment, she let it slide as she ran off after Magma, leaving Chrome to try and keep up.

Soon, they reached the village, and Y/n could see the storehouse had been upgraded. While she didn't know the occasion, she figured Gen must've planned a surprise for Senku. They climbed up the ladder to the upgraded storehouse, and Y/n had to stifle a gasp. The science team were all gathered around, turning Senku in front of a telescope, who still couldn't see.

"Hey there, Senku~" Gen said, in an almost eerie tone. "Welcome back."

"Huh? What the hell is—"

"Ha! It's pointless to try and escape, Senku. Everyone in the village is with Gen now!" Kohaku laughed. Senku chuckled, a somber tone accompanying him.

"Hmm? Could it be that you guys have finally realized... that offering my head and science to Tsukasa would be the most logical course of action for the village?" He asked. Gen chuckled softly.

"Well, I don't know what you're talking about... Now, Y/n. Take off his blindfold."

Y/n obliged as Kohaku grinned, "It's the fourth of January, 'Stone day!' We heard it's your birthday, Senku!"

Y/n carefully lifted the blindfold off, watching as his eyes widened when he looked into the telescope, which was directly in front of his face. Suika bounced happily.

"From all of us... here's your birthday present..!!"

Senku looked touched. Or, as touched as Senku could look. Y/n blushed before turning her attention to Gen, who had continued.

"To be fair, it was made from my faint memories of it~ stick two lenses in a cylinder, and you get a telescope, right? Orrrr something like that. Everyone in the village worked their hardest to make it. And then, you know, we figured you'd be able to fine tune it yourself later."

Senku touched the telescope for a moment in silence. Everyone waited for his response, excited.

"Dang, you guys did a great job!! This is really practical!" He exclaimed, adjusting it. "We can totally use this as an observation tower against the Tsukasa army!!"

"As logical as ever, dear Senku..." Gen sighed.

"Kukuku, but men don't go blabbing about their birthdays. How'd you know it was today...? Oh, well, I guess I incriminated myself, huh? 6268 days... but still, you didn't know how long I as petrified..."

"Don't you remember?" Y/n asked blankly. "You wrote it down, the date you were depetrified."

"That's right~ Y/n, I'm surprised you remembered that."

"I lived there for a year or so," she shrugged. "It just became something familiar."

"Right~ Now that I think about it, Senku, I had already liked you. Forget about what I stood to gain from it. I'm sure everyone else feels the same way~ I guess you'll probably say that's gross though."

"Yeah," Senku chuckled. "That's gross."

"Riight?" Gen smiled. "Well, I think it's about time we all head out~ Have fun with your new birthday gift, Senku."

Gen and the rest of the science team headed out, leaving Y/n and Senku. Once they were gone, she immediately punched his arm, making him yelp in pain.

"Ow! The hell was that for?!"

"For not telling me when your birthday was, idiot! I would've made you something special had I not found out about it right before we left on the expedition!" Y/n pouted, slightly upset. Senku gave her a quizzical look.