Part 15 - Ruri

{Just a quick warning: some parts in here get violent, mostly Magma being a chad. But seriously, read at your own risk.}

Chrome didn't even scream as he fell. Time moved in slow motion as Y/n and Senku ran to Chrome, both knowing it wouldn't work. Y/n's mind was racing, repeating the same word over and over in her head: no.

She wasn't going to let this happen. Not to the happy, energetic scientist. She came here with the intention of them all coming out alive, and that's how it was going to be. In a rush of adrenaline, she took the blackened spear, which had been laying next to her, and thrust it out for Chrome to catch.

 Thankfully, he grabbed onto it, wrapping his arms and legs around it. Y/n almost stumbled at the sudden added weight, but maintained her balance. She strained at she tried to lift all of chrome's weight up, and the instant she was sure he wouldn't fall, she swung him around and dropped him on the ground before collapsing herself.

Y/n dropped the spear and crawled over to hug Chrome, needing to feel that he was alright. She was breathing heavily, but remembered she had to calm down. She forced herself to take slow, deep breathes and let go of Chrome, who was still shocked.

"Holy shit," Y/n said, sitting down. "Holy shit."

"Holy shit is about right," Chrome said, trying to force his breathing to stay calm. Senku started to quickly take out some empty jars so he could collect the sulfuric acid, completely disregarding the whole thing. However, Y/n knew that wasn't the case. He was trying to get them out of there as quickly as possible.

After filling up all the jars carefully with sulfuric acid, Senku put them all back in the bags, lifting one of them up. 

"Alright, you two, let's get the hell out of here."

"You don't have to tell me twice," Y/n mumbled, picking up the second bag. They trudged back down the mountain, and once they were out of range of the acid spring, Y/n took her mask off. The whole experience was terrifying, but she preferred it over waiting in suspense. She let out a pent up yell, startling both Chrome and Senku.

"Jesus, Y/n! Calm down!" Chrome yelled back at her. She only belted her frustrations more.

"THAT WAS SO FUCKING SCARY AND I'M SO HAPPY WE'RE ALIIIIIVE!!"

"Dammit, Y/n. You're so loud, Tsukasa and his army will hear you at this rate," Senku sighed. 

"I DON'T CAREEEE CHROME ALMOST DIED!!"

Pretty soon, they arrived back at the Kingdom of Science, Y/n worn out from yelling the entire way back. She did feel very relieved though. Yelling was a good strategy to relieve stress, as it turned out.

Kohaku ran up to them, excited. "Ooooh! You guys are back! Does this mean we can finally make the cure all for my sister?!"

"Kinda jumping the gun, aren't you? Don't you remember that crazy roadmap?" Chrome said, giving Kohaku a dumbfounded look. She sighed, only to have her hopes brought back up by Senku.

"Kukuku, actually, we have just about everything we need to make it," he said, setting down the sulfuric acid in the lab. "And we're gonna make it all today!"

Senku had really meant what he said. After scaring Suika with several dangerous chemicals, peeing in a jar, and getting threatened by Kohaku, the last thing left to do was get some alcohol. When Y/n took it out of context, she wondered why the hell everyone she knew was so weird. Senku was a science freak, Chrome wasn't too far from that, Kohaku was stupidly strong, Kaseki was a ripped old man, and Suika... well, she wore a melon on her head.