Y O U N G J A E ; G O T 7 [ 2 ]

➳ feedbacks are welcome in the comment section ♡

➳ enjoy ♡ 

----

3rd pov

you bite the tip of the pen's cover, trying to hammer out the words you want to write on the paper.

"urgh," you groan out of frustration, repeatedly banging your head on the desk. "i don't know, i give up." you throw the pen on your desk, then turning off your lap. you jump to your bed, still trying to make even a sentence that would help your mind be in a moment of peace.

"are you okay?" your mom opens your door, "you've been groaning for a hundred times already honey," she chuckles then makes herself comfortable on the seat you were on awhile ago. she takes a look at the scatter crumpled papers, a bunch of neatly stacked papers, and your pen. "is it for him?" she smiles.

"er, yes," you sigh. "i don't know what to say, i don't even know how to start the letter," you pout then avoided her pitiful gaze. "i don't even know if he still lives there," once again, you heave a sigh.

"you want your mother to work some magic and find out?" she chuckles then moves her hand swiftly as if making something pop out. you chuckle at how your mom tries to comfort you.

"its okay mom, i'll.. just send it here. if he doesn't live there anymore then.. i don't know," you smile reassuringly at her. "i'll try once again mom, would you give me some time alone?" you ask her and she nods. you stand up and head to her, and gave her a big hug.

"i know its hard, but i believe in you." she smiles and leaves your room. once again, you gather all your thoughts while looking at the luggage which consists all of your things.

tonight, i'll send the glow of a firefly--
to somewhere near your window.
it's that I love you.

i remember our first kiss.
i close my eyes whenever i can,
and go to the farthest place.

flashback

exams are somewhere in the corner and you've been preparing for it for already a month, you've had enough of studying so you go pick a book that puckered your curiosity, a book by julie brinckloe entitled fireflies. it is about a young boy proud of having caught a jar full of fireflies, which seems to him like owning a piece of moonlight, but as the light begins to dim he realizes he must set the insects free or they will die.

you chuckle as you put the book down trying to contain your excitement. 

"what's that?" youngjae looks up at you when you settled on the seat in front of him. you were both in the library since he wanted to review for the upcoming exams. you show him the book and he chuckles lightly. "isn't that for kids?" he asked.

"nah, i think it'll be good." you smiled at each other and he let you read.

after a few hours, he's done reviewing and wanted to go out to eat. at first, you didn't notice him finish since you were so immersed in the book. 

"hey. can't you hear me?" he pouts which made you look at him.

"what was that again?" you ask then turn your attention back to the book.

"marry the book then," he stands up and sulks. you laugh at his childishness and pushes him down to the seat beside you. 

"sorry, let me just finish this paragraph." you say as you cling to his arm, then read the book once again. you hear him chuckle as he let you read the book. "the moonlight and the fireflies swam in my tears, but i could feel myself smiling." you say the last sentence of the paragraph, then smiled at youngjae.