H Y U N G S I K ; Z E : A [1]

➳ feedbacks are welcome in the comment section ♡

➳ enjoy ♡

---- ☯ ----

3rd pov

"hyungsik-ah, don't you want to get promoted? just a month ago you were doing well!" the manager slaps the folder on hyungsik's face, but he didn't budge a bit. still politely standing there, looking down.

"i'm sorry sir, it wouldn't happen again." he lowly says, bowing once again. the manager trudges back on his office with his fingers massaging his temples. the moment hyungsik turns his back, his eyes landed on you. you were pitifully looking at him, and when his eyes turned into despair, you broke your eye contact.

you continued to work on your computer, ignoring his fading silhouette. 

"what the hell are you doing, hyungsik.." you mumble as you tried bottling your fury, you were nothing but a co-worker now. 

flashback

"let's break up, hyungsik." you fiercely said with a stern face. 

"you're going to break up with me just because nothing's working out?!" he shouts in front of your face. "everything's working out fine for me! i may even get promoted, y/n! what the fuck are you babbling about?!" he threw his hands in the air and breathed dreadfully, his veins popping out of his neck.

"then i'm happy for you! but what about me? i'm getting less and less time for you just because my work piles up. don't you feel we're getting farther and farther away, hyungsik?! when the hell will you realize that?!" i snap back, tears brimming my eyes.

"you're so frustrating," he mumbles and tries calming himself down. "we're getting married in a few months, y/n. and you're breaking up with me now?" he shakes your shoulders in attempt to wake you up.

"yes," but you weren't shaken. you were final on your decision and positive that you were sane.

"fine then," he nods fiercely and gets his coat, leaving your apartment. 

end

he was like that for a few more weeks, and he was doing worse while you were doing your best to do your work well. 

"park hyungsik!" the managers shouts all over the office and you all flinch with the highness of the voice. you look desperately for hyungsik to see him running over the manager. 

"congratulations," the manager sarcastically says while hyungsik just looks down. a tint of hope lights you up, thinking hyungsik just got promoted, unaware of the sarcasm and scary face the manager is making. "you're finally fired," the manager drops the files hyungsik passed these past weeks, in front of him. he leaves hyungsik mercilessly after harshly ripping hyungsik's id lace from him. 

you gasp in shock, but you can't do anything. hyungsik slowly picks up everything and makes his way to his table, reluctant to everyone's pitiful stares. you worry on what to do, but decided to let him have some time alone. you see him packing his things, until he left.

you look at the clock to see it was already quarter to midnight. you stretch your hands up and prepared to leave, until your eyes landed on the empty desk hyungsik previously occupied. you sigh, trying to shake him off your mind. 

suddenly, your phone vibrates and saw you had a new message so you opened it.

from: park hyungsik

you're probably headed home just right now. please meet me in our favorite food truck.

i will wait for you, y/n. i won't leave until you come. please.

received 11:56 pm

you tap your fingers on the table repeatedly, trying to think of what to do. you end up going, while fiddling with your fingers. when the food truck was on sight, you saw him on a table, but he wasn't alone. he was with one of your co-workers, and one of the girls you once were jealous of because of how close she was with hyungsik. 

you didn't deny it. once again, you were jealous. you were also angry because he begged you to come, but he didn't even mention he was with someone. 

if he called you to desperately beg you to come back to him, you would've. you loved him so much that today, even if you had to sacrifice your work, you would've came back to his warmth. you were in despair after your breakup, but didn't change the fact that you both loved each other so much that your memories would just pop after breaking up.

you silently cried while looking at them, and decided to just let it go, and go home.

"if it's not meant to be, don't push it." you said to yourself, taking in a lot of air to exhale. you turn your back, headed home.

---

hyungsik settled on a seat after bringing home his things, ordering a bottle of alcohol. he devoured all of it in a matter of minutes, and when he ordered another, he took his phone and texted you. 

he desperately wants you back.

after texting you back, he put it back on his pocket and someone suddenly poured on his glass. he looked up to see one of his co-workers, eunji. but regardless, he ignored her and took the glass, drinking it in one shot.

"okay, i'll seat here then," she seats in front of him which was a seat for you, and glares at her.

"leave, that seat's taken." 

"i don't see anyone though," she shrugged, getting herself a glass and another bottle of alcohol. he continued to glare at eunji but she wasn't scared. so he let it, and eunji just stared at hyungsik while he devoured three other bottles until he was tipsy.

but still in the right mind. if he wanted you back, he'd have to wait. 

but where were you?

for a few times he looked around, but all he saw was that annoying face in front of him, chatting him to death. 

"i have to go now, would you be okay by yourself?" eunji asks as she stands up, "you should probably go with me," hyungsik harshly pushes her away and struggles to keep his balance after standing up. he leaves the food truck in attempt to go to your house, but knew you wouldn't like it so he just sat on a bench in front of the truck, as he looks at the empty street. 

"i love you, come back to me." 

and he just waited.