New Beginnings

New Beginnings - 1

Taylor POV
I never thought that I would become a nanny for the daughter of one of the most influential and powerful businessmen in the whole of America when I had moved into my apartment in New York. I had fled to New York from Nashville in the hopes of escaping everything which had gone on back home involving a break up from my now ex-boyfriend. However now that I had been living in New York for a while, I knew that I could never leave because I had a real love for this city and it would really be my new home. There is always something happening here and plenty of things to see or do when I had a day free which nowadays wasn’t very often at all.

Olivia Styles, that was the name of the little 5 year old girl whom I am a nanny to every afternoon during the week and even sometimes for whole days on the weekends because of her father needing to work. I had been looking after Olivia for almost 2 years now and I’d loved every single moment of it because I knew I was having a serious impact on that little girl with the time we spend together. I love Olivia like she was my own daughter and I loved hearing all the stories which she has to tell me whenever I’m with her. I pick her up from school every single day during the week and take her wherever it is that she has to go in the afternoon whether it was to music lessons or dance lessons or even just take her home for the afternoon, it just depends on what the day is as to where she has to go.

I really feel for Olivia and everything which she has been through considering she lost her mother when she was 3 and that had been one of the main reasons which I had been hired to look after her.  Harry was always working and wasn’t handling looking after Olivia, he had placed an advertisement through an employment agency which I had gotten in contact with when I arrived in New York. I had heard about the vacancy and taken it upon myself to apply because I figured that I didn’t have any harm in going for it. I never thought that I would actually get the job but I did and it’s not long now till I enter my 3rd year of being Olivia’s nanny. I love being her nanny as Olivia is such a bright and bubbly little girl, she just wants to have someone that will put all their attention on her as she doesn’t get much of that from Harry.

Harry generally comes home rather late way after Olivia has gone to bed so she would hardly get to see him. When I first started being Olivia’s nanny 9 times out of 10 when Harry would come home, he would come home drunk. When that happened it would not just be Olivia I had to look after but Harry as well as I had to make sure that he didn’t make jerk moves or hurt Olivia. I had to juggle looking after Olivia and occasionally Harry as well, get home from their house at a reasonable time so that I could get sleep before getting up and going to college the next morning because I was working to get a degree in Interior Design. That degree was one of the main reasons which I had moved to New York apart from running away from everything back home. I’m 22 now and nearly finished my 2nd year of the 4 year course, it’s hard but I’m determined to get this degree.

I had taken two years out of going to college when I first graduated high school because I needed to kind of work out where I was going with my life and whether my boyfriend at the time was really ‘the one’ that I had always though he was – I had gotten that completely wrong. I hadn’t even instantly started college when I moved here as Olivia was only 3 and as Harry wouldn’t even look at her most of the time I knew that she would need someone to properly look after her and I wasn’t going to juggle that with college just yet. Life was rather hectic for me but I needed the money that I could earn being a nanny, I needed the money to be able to pay for college and also pay rent  to live in New York as it’s definitely not cheap that’s for sure.

“Miss Taylor!” Olivia yelled as she sprinted towards me from the school entrance, she had clearly spotted me standing and waiting for her.
“Olivia!” I say crouching down and hugging her so close when she reached me. It’s been about 2 weeks since I saw her last and I had really missed her, I hadn’t seen her since before the holidays as she had been looked after by Harry’s family with some help from Harry over that period and so I wasn’t needed.
“Look at how much you’ve grown! I never thought you would get so big!” I say as she takes my hand and we head towards the car that was waiting for us. One of the perks which came with being the nanny to a daughter of a man as rich as Harry – you got driven everywhere you wanted to go by your own private chauffeur.