Prologue

...
(JK)

~Remember the way you made me feel

Such young love but

Something in me knew that it was real

I stepped out of the car. Cool breeze embraced me softly, giving me a welcome to homecoming. This ground on which I was standing was once where I grew up. The land taught me what is being happy, being sad, being joyful, being broken, being hateful and that kid...... taught me how to love.

~Frozen in my head

Pictures I'm living through for now

Trying to remember all the good times

Here I am again, to remember what I left. It's in my habit to visit once a month. I stepped inside through the big door, leaving everything behind for some time. The grass felt so fresh, the scent of soil had been alluring as always. I sat on the bench under a tree. I saw kids running here and there, barefoot, but clothes were not torn, unlike me who use to look shabby, with all bruised up face.

~Our life was cutting through so loud

Memories are playing in my dull mind.

Kids smiled at me and I smiled back with a genuine smile. They looked amazed by me, a packed up in a suit, arrogant looking man, smiling at them.

A kid fell while running, I raised a little from my seat, but sat back when I saw another kid, a girl, helping him. They smiled at each other and walked off after making a pinky promise about a thing. My heart skipped a beat at the scene. It opened some memories. Remind me about a kid who was used to be with me, by my side, asked for lots of promises, and gave me heart milk chocolates when I use to keep the promise.

~ I hate this part paper hearts

And I'll hold a piece of yours

Don't think I would just forget about it

Hoping that you won't forget

I walked inside the building of the orphanage, towards the reception. I did the small donation and was about to walk off when curiosity dominated me. I returned to the lady there.

"um- can I ask you about a child here?" I asked

"can I know the name please?" the lady smiled and waited for my reply.

Name? that's what I don't remember, we used to call each other by nicknames and those don't get register.

"umm-nothing forget it.."

~ I live through pictures as if I was right there by your side

But you'll be good without me and if I could just give it some time

The one I left... I remember you... but I can't do anything.

~ I'll be alright

I walked out of the shelter center.

I will return to here another day I promised to myself. I blessed the unknown organization looking after this... my home.