🌷Chapter 40🌷

♡Salem POV♡

As a child we look up to our parents to help guide us in life through thick or thin and support us whenever we fall short. That's how I valued mine.

I use to love getting showered with love by both of them it made me feel special and that I meant something to them; unfortunately I'm just a pawn in their game of chess only meaning something when I'm needed but I'm done getting used, it's time to end this game once and for all.

I open the doors expecting an ambush at any second but instead getting the chilling image of a very bad decaying Cersei...guessing the effects of necormancy is running out and right now she's on borrowed time. Looking passed her I see a telescope no doubt used to pinpoint where the rift brings to open but then again there's small sparks of lightening showing up in the sky.

She states at me as I clutch onto the trident not letting my guard down.

"Salem there's no need for such violence, come watch the stars with me just like when you were a little boy." If she thinks nostalgia will save her then she needs to rethink again. "You always obeyed as a child but as an adult-"

"I've outgrown you."

"Have you really? Nobody outgrows a mother's love, we all need it even demons need love."

"Yet they survive without it like I have for many long years. Your love was only to manipulate me and prep me for the future...it was never real and I'm starting to think I was better off without you." I see her start to get agitated by my words.

"Now Salem that devil child has gotten to you...he POISONED your mind with lies. Why believe a man who holds miserable secrets with him? Not to mention the buckets of blood too."

"Blaming Lucifer for your faults is beyond pathetic Cersei. He was there when I needed him most whilst you were in the ground rotting away, face it Cersei you're finished. Cerventes has no power and you are on the brink of death again so is it really necessary for you to risk the precious time you have left in this realm by opening that rift up?" I reason with her. "Death doesn't discriminate it comes for all...in these final moments you can redeem yourself or die by my hands, your choice."

I ready myself to propel this trident at her chest.

"You really are headset in stopping this rift from opening up? Hmm maybe I did underestimate the power I had over you but nonetheless you've proven yourself to be quite capable of handling your own...perhaps giving you the power of the titans was a mistake I'd hope you'd pick your family's side instead of that hideous husband of yours but I was wrong. Such wasted potential gone because you value such disposable life...just find this act of heroism so out of your comfort zone, you're willingly to die for people who are sent to Hell to be punished just find that rather odd."

"Hell is more then a kingdom of sin and punishment we've made it so those who are sent here get a second chance at rehabilitating their entire lives so that they may finally rest in the afterlife. To deny them of that redemption would be cruel." I've learnt that most people given the chance will change for the better if they want that is.

"You've tamed such a wild realm and its leaders who is wrapped around you like a ring. I'm guessing he doesn't know what you plan otherwise he'd be storming up here crying for you."

"Lucifer will understand what I'm about to do...the realms will be thankful."

"So stupid and naive...always assuming the good in people when if you look closer to their heart you'll see it's blacked like yours and mine."

"I'm nothing like you Cersei, you're a corpse ready to collapse at any moment and I'll think it's about time you lay back down bitch."

"Likewise." She shoots lightening straight at me but I quickly absorb it using the trident and reflect it back at her. "Leonardo is a sneaky man giving you that but no worries it won't stop me from ending you." She teleports from my sight as I try locating her. "It wasn't my intention to kill you but you're clearly hellbent on stopping me so you force my hand." I hear her say.