🌷Chapter 43🌷

Lucifer POV:

The burning sensation of pure alcohol burns my throat as I chug down the entire bottle forgetting all responsibility and trying to fill the empty void left in my heart. I don't care if I'm a fucking wreck nothing will bring Salem back so what is the reason staying sober? Everything I ever loved is gone sacrificing himself for the good of the realm leaving behind me to suffer a fate worse than death...a broken heart.

Salem stole my heart than broke it in front of me and for that I cannot forgive me even in death.

Everyone is trying to get inside my study acting as if I'm going to go ape shit crazy and slaughter anything in my path but if I'm honest I don't have the strength to leave my room to do so, had I have the strength than their assumptions would be semi correct I'd just slaughter the useless souls that refuse to change instead of the innocents but everyone thinks that just because I'm the Devil I'll kill whoever I want which isn't true.

I guess in some twisted way Salem's death taught me how useless I am without him. Everyone believed I wore the pants in the relationship but behind closed doors Salem took in charge and practically had me whipped to do anything he wanted and in a heart beat I'd do what he said, without him I'm just the scary Devil nobody cares about or pretends to at least.

It's even worse knowing I'll have to add more bad news to the twins but for now they don't need to know the truth as much as I hate keeping secrets from them, they need time to focus on their mate then when I think the time is right I'll break the saddening news to them. It'll crush their spirits and just add more unnecessary stress to their entire relationship.

Maybe Blaze could help but who am I kidding? Blaze took Salem's death worse than I thought with him completely going mental and slaughtering the remainder of Cervantes's army leaving no one alive which also reminded me of when Salem lost control and almost destroyed Hell. Like father like son. It didn't help that Blaze wanted to speak to me but I've pushed him out and refuse to acknowledge him or anyone by there means.

People expect me to get over Salem's death easily because I'm an emotionaless demon who's suppose to rule without any help but too bad that's not the case, maybe Zeon wants the throne because I simply don't give a damn anymore.

Fuck Hell and its inhabitants what could did they do me anyways? Besides kiss my ass in order to get a second chance at life, fuck them maybe the Titans were right to destroy everyone and start over and I was a fool to oppose them. I could've bargained with them like I do with desperate mortals who are in need of some demonic power maybe then Salem would still be here.

I throw the glass at the door letting shards fall to the ground as I go to pick up another decanter filled to the brim with wine and down the hatch it goes. I stare at the shards in my drunken haze wishing for them to pierce open my throat and allow death to seep into my veins so I may rejoin my lover in purgatory or wherever he may be, I levitate a shard close to my throat and allow it to cut deep until Blaze barges in turning the broken glass into dust.

"Are you out of your mind? I've already lost one father and don't plant on losing the other." He tries taking the decanter off me but I shove him away. "This isn't the way to mourn a death."

"You'd know all about that wouldn't you son."

"This is the alcohol posioning your tongue so I'm going to say this slowly for your feeble mind to process. Father wouldn't want you to be a drunken fool abandoning his position as King of Hell but here you are dishonouring him."

"Fuck the throne. In fact why don't you go ahead and claim it because you obviously believe you can handle the mantle or if you're too pathetic I'll have Zeon give it another shot. I'm done doing things for these useless souls. There here to be punished not pampered like brats."