🌷Chapter 48🌷

Salem POV:

It's been 3 days since my return to Hell and so far I'm enjoying it. Lucifer has made it enjoyable and I can see why someone would fall in love with him because even without the mate bond he is a charming person who can easily take your heart.

Unfortunately my memories seem to be still messy and I can't recall important moments from out relationship but Lucifer has told me that the road to healing is long so I shouldn't stress about it, it just feels awkward knowing Lucifer is holding back because he's worried he'll scare me off which is not the case if I'm honest but for now we are taking it slow. Lucifer and I went sight seeing in private because the people of Hell still think I'm dead and if they were to find out things could get complicated.

When Lucifer told me there was a pit with all types of dragons I didn't believe him but once he showed me I fell in love instantly, one thing that did come back to me after a while was my ability to dragon ride Lucifer was shocked I remembered certain tricks my former self knew so it was a sign in the right direction. Plus having Nethermore with me made it much more easier for me to be at ease.

Lucifer has taken me to the library so I could read books about Hell and learn the history about this place. He told me reading was a hobby of mine and I believed him as I've been nonstop reading copious amounts of books to salvage information it's also a great way to burn through time. Lucifer obviously despised reading and opted for a nap which was fine by me as I started learning more about myself from certain books.

Some passages written about me described me as being sassy yet stubborn or Lucifer's equal others just called profanities but I didn't let that bother me, I guess I can be bitchy, there was one line that did rub me the wrong way and it was:

In a fit of rage, Salem took flight on his dragon and wiped out his followers in one clean attack...his madness corrupted him and as a result innocent blood was shed...

A powerful pain erupted in my head and I was transported to a courtyard where I saw everything that passage described, one of my more darker memories were the first to come back and bite. I must of made a noise because Lucifer woke up and cradled me in his arms.

"You spaced out for a while, you ok?" I rub my throbbing head and nod. "Did you recall something?"

"Yeah...I was reading about the past wars that occured over Hell and one included us." I didn't know I was responsible for so much death. "I murdered a lot of people..."

"Don't you dare feel guilty Salem those souls betrayed us and you snapped like I would, they are at fault my dove not you. At least we know reading helps and that you are starting to recount memories again maybe let's take a break how about lunch?"

"Ok." He helps me back up and we walk towards an open space outside. Whilst he sends servants to get our food my mind wonders off to the beautiful red leaf tree that's blossoming in front of me, the bark is infused with gold and the flowers around it seem to be almost glowing as I get close and softly touch a rose I get pricked by a thorn.

"Father...the rose hurt me..." A small child with silver hair cries out.

"Next time be careful little one." Past me kisses the small scar and I'm brought back to reality when Lucifer taps me.

"Did you remember more Salem?" I'm still in shock that I have kids. "Salem dear I need you to speak to me otherwise I can't help."

"A child..." Lucifer stays silent as I turn to him. "Am I a father?" He nods and I just stare at him. "I have a child."

"Children...we have three blessed boys. Our eldest Blaze and our twins Zeus and Roman." A surge of happiness flows through me now that I know I'm a father.