1

Lucinda's POV

Today was like the worst day of my life. I lost someone so so dear to me.
Am Lucinda and am 18. I was dumped by my parents and was sent to purity pack as a foster kids. At first I was loved by all but it suddenly changed.
Maria being the Luna of the pack and my foster mum loved me so much because I was a girl that she didn't have. She had a son that's Taylor Smith.
I loved her too and we would go to the mall, bake together play together and also read books together until one after noon she couldn't.
' mum what's wrong? ' I asked as she laid on her bed.
' am okay darling ' she said smiling.
' please don't try to lie to me '
' okay but promisee you would be strong ' what she said scared me but I didn't want to show it unless she wouldn't be able to tell me what was wrong. I just simply nodded.
' I have one more week to live ' she said as a tear dropped down her cheek.
' what !!!! ' I was more than shocked. At first when she said that I thought she would just...... I didn't even know what she would have said but this wasn't what I was expecting. I wasn't expecting her to die.
' that can't be true ' I said as I held her hands.
' yes it is, darling I want you to be strong when am gone '
' no no no, think positive mum you are not leaving me ' I said.
She sighed.
' there isn't enough time to argue Lucy, today is my sixth day am weakening as the time goes by '
' why didn't you tell me, I would have soughted out a solution '
' I didn't want to worry you '
Worry? Is this woman going nuts? Telling me now is more than worry.
' this is enough for me to go and stab myself ' I was actually getting angry not because she was sick but because I was here all this time and I did nothing. This was really going to affect me.
' Lucy, things aren't going to be easy ' she said holding my hands. I was a bit scared when she said that.
' how? ' I asked
' Lucy your foster father doesn't like you, and am afraid of the things he might do to you ' she said.
' always remember what I always tell you okay? Don't let situations change who you are, life is going to be hard for you and I pray that the moon goddess would help you find your mate soon and let you out of here. ' with that she closed her eyes. ' am getting so tired I think it's my time ' she said breathing Abit fast.
' are you nuts, you still have at least hours to live, stop talking like this ' I said grabbing her hands.
' go call me your father now! ' she said and I ran as fast as I could out of the door.
Lukas office was a floor from here and I was beginning to worry.
What if she is dead before I come back?
What if what she said was true?
Come on think positive Lucinda.
Think positive.
I pushed those stupid thoughts behind and started running as fast as I could.
When I reached Lukas office I shove the door open and he suddenly turned to me.
' Alpha, Luna is dying ' with that he started walking so fast that I couldn't even keep up with him even when running.
When we got to the room she looked calm and then I turned to her heart monitor and then I realized I wasn't as fast as I could.
She is dead
I bent down and started crying, I lost my mum, I lost her.
I shouldn't have left, I should have been by her side.
I kept on crying till I heard things flying around. I looked up just to see that Lukas just held Maria in his hands and was crying too.
Suddenly he dropped her on the bed and walked towards me. He grabbed me up and I couldn't feel my legs on the floor again, all I could feel was pain around my neck.
' you killed her, you killed my wife!!! ' he yelled at me.
' me?? '
What is he saying, why would he accuse me of killing someone that I loved so much.
' after when you were brought her all you brought was pain, loss and hatred. Maybe that's why your parents dumped you, because you are a curse ' with that he sent me flying into some medical equipment and then one of the razor cut deep into my arm.
Ouch
He walked closer and then leaned in. ' if you think I would still give you the grace of ruining my family and my pack? Hello no ' with that he walked out jamming the door behind him.
Wait, am I dreaming or something? Am a curse? So my parents dumped me, why then did Maria tell me that my parents told her to help them train me?
I cried and cried.
My happiness came crashing I from of me.
I got up and went to Maria's bed, she still held that smile on her face.
She was happy where ever she was. And couldn't change that fact.
' why did you leave me?, You told me that you would always be there for me, why then did you leave me? ' I asked not really expecting her to answer and I continued crying.
As I was about to leave I saw a note close to the drawer on the floor.
Dear Lucy,
By the time you read this I would be gone and I know that Lukas won't want you anymore.
Always bear in mind that am watching over you and that I love you. Sorry for ever lying to you about your real parents. They dumped you and you were found by the royals who then sent you here at my approval.
Lukas and Taylor might do things which you wouldn't like at all but remember not to think that you are forbidden, there is a reason why the moon goddess created you.
Am using my last energy to tell you this so I advise that you should keep to it.
Love but don't hate.
Till we meet again.
Bye.
From Maria.
As I read this I was so torn into peices.
What Lukas said was right. I brought pain and now Maria is gone.
I thought I was happy all this while not knowing that life hasn't started forme yet.
I started crying all over again.