28

Hello guys.. i am so sorry for taking another long time to update.

but you wont blame me, i have been quite busy.

anyways here you go.

word count: 1500

Linda's POV

"Maddox, if you keep behaving like this you won't end up killing Aiden"

My eyes became as wide as saucers as I heard those words. I couldn't believe what I just heard.

no no no no...

i don't really think the were referring to my mate, Maddox won't do that to me right? i didn't even know that i had been holding my breath for so long and then i heard a screeching sound from inside the room where Maddox and his father were in and i assumed that they were about to come out. so i did what was best for myself and i ran out of the hallway and back to my room

i quickly closed the door to my room and even locked it before running to the bathroom with my phone in my hand. i could clearly hear Aiden's safety instructions as it was already struck in my head.

.....if you hear about any suspicious activities, i should be the first person you should call.....

I turned on my phone and was about to dial Aiden's number when i decided to stop and think. was Maddox behind the reason why Stacy attacked me? no, Stacy had her own problem. but to think that he still wanted to mate with me up till now made a shiver run down my spine.

right then i was really regretting coming back to this pack. if i had known i would have just listened to Aiden. right now i was practically hating myself after thinking that Aiden was the ba guy in all this.

i breathed in and then out for about three times before i decided not to call Aiden, i was going to deal with this situation and then when things get a little worse then i would call him.

 i sprinkled water on my face as i decided that that would help me to calm my rising heart beat.

"Hey"

i almost jumped out of my skin as i quickly raised my face up wards as i saw Maddox with the aid of the mirror without turning back.

"How did you get into my room" i growled as i slowly turned towards him.

"This is my house Linda, and besides you never usually had a problem with me coming into your room before why now?"

As i stared at the intended murder in front of me i could no longer look at him with the same affection as before not as he wants to kill my mate for reasons best known to himself and secondly to want to mate with me. yeah, he was right. i usually didn't care if he came to my room while i slept  because as of that time i saw him as a brother that i never had but right now....

i wouldn't even know whether he would use that opportunity mark me in my sleep or tie me up and force me to accept him and that alone made me to raise my guard walls up.

"Why? because i want my privacy" i said trying to seem normal but i guess it wasn't working because he just raised his eyebrows and smiled.

"Linda, you seem to amaze me" he said in a low tone and i had a gut feeling that this wasn't going to end well.

"Ooh really" i said as i folded my arms and tried to look casual but as usual i don't think it worked because he took one step forward and i became alarmed.