17

A/N any ideas for next chapters? If I use your ideas I will tag you at the end or beginning of each chapter!

Gus pov
I laid on the ground next to Lexie, watching and studying her carefully. Should I ask the question now? I don't want to put a label on this...I don't know. I just don't wanna break her heart.

I have side hoes and I fuck randoms but it's so different with her. I don't know if this is just lust or if I am actually falling in love with Lexie Cade.

I looked up at the stars and smiled.

Star Shopping.

The first song I ever sang to Lexie to help her go to sleep. I looked over at her to find her looking at me. I smiled and wrapped an arm around her.

I found myself humming the beat to star shopping. The song I made for Emma...for some reason I don't think about her when I think of the song anymore.

All I think about is Lexie.

Her eyes remind me of the stars. So bright that there is no dullness that can be found within them. Although she's bright eyed...you can't find her emotions through her eyes or actions.

I don't know her story..I don't know her home life. I don't know hardly anything about her besides the obvious that I love about her.

Yes, I said it. Love. I don't know what other word to use for how I feel.

"Princess." I said, breaking the silence.

"Yes, Gus?" She asked, looking over at me with a small smile.

"Tell me your story," I asked. "Not just that silly obvious stuff, but that deep, meaningful shit that you keep deep inside your heart."

Her smile faded a bit and she sighed. "Gus i'm not good with this type of stuff.." She said, looking back up at the stars.

"I'm not either. And I will tell you all you wanna know about me if you just tell me who the real Lexie Marie Cade is." I said, begging for her answer.

The more I think about it that is kind of fucked. But i'm fucked so I guess you can expect it from me.

"Only Iris knows this stuff about me, Gus...I'm really trusting you." She said, looking over at me.

I nodded and gave her a small smile. "Your secret is safe with me, Princess." I said, holding her hand.

"Well..when I was little, I was a pretty outgoing kid. I wanted to go out and explore the world. I loved to go outside and play hopscotch. Hell, going to the store made me happy." She began with a giggle. "I never really got to go do that stuff though. My parents..they are very strict as you might have noticed. When I was 17 I wasn't even allowed to go anywhere without my parents. That meant no hanging out with friends without an adult and no car. They pretty much had my future planned out for me. I would finish high school and go to college to become a doctor. But I didn't want that. I wanted to become a model or fucking make music or some shit. I wanted to be different. I didn't wanna be that cookie cutter basic family trash bitch." She said, her smile fading.

"I barely got to go anywhere and I had to stay inside in my room. It caused me to become very depressed and lonely. Iris changed that...since 8th grade she would sneak into my bedroom through my window and play uno or candy land or whatever the fuck she could fit through my window." She said with a laugh, looking up at the sky and shaking her head.

"About two nights before my 18th birthday...everything changed. Iris finally convinced me to sneak out one night. We were sneaking out with these two guys...Carter and Blake. Carter was this basic football quarterback that had been fucking Iris on the side. Iris knew that but she didn't care. She was just having fun. Blake was one of Carters good friends. Iris said that he was interested in me and that it would be fun to hang out for the night. I gave in and we snuck out to meet them at a random guy's garage to get tattooed."  She said with a small laugh.

The thought of Lexie being with someone else scared me. Does she still like this guy? Does she still think about him like I thought she was thinking about me?

"I got two tattoos that night. The broken heart and rose on my arm." She said, pointing out the two of many tattoos on her arms. "I got home the next morning a bit late because we got black out drunk in the guys garage. When I got back, my parents were waiting up in the living room for me...my dad..um..he saw the tattoos...and he freaked out on me." She said with tears forming in her eyes.

"He beat the fuck out of me Gus..." She said, burying her head in my chest and crying silently.

My blood started to boil and I got beyond angry. How the fuck could he do that to my princess?? He's a dirty fucking bitch and if I ever see that fucking horrible father again i'm going to kill him.

I rubbed her back and kissed her forehead. "Princess...it's okay. I'm right here and that won't ever happen to you again as long as your with me, okay?" I said, trying to hide the anger in my voice.

She nodded and sat up, wiping her tears. "Once I turned eighteen I moved out of the house and into Iris' apartment. Iris has been with me through everything since 5th grade. I love her so much and I wouldn't trade her for the world." She said with a sniffle, smiling a bit.

My respect for Iris just went up a lot.

"Baby if you ever need someone to talk to i'm here for you okay? and If you wanna fucking explore the goddamn world I will take you as far as we can go. I got nothin for you other than love." I said with a chuckle, making her smile and give me a big hug.

"Thank you, Gus." She said with a smile.

"Anytime princess."

-----

We walked back to the car and I got in the drivers seat after helping her into the passengers side.

"Can you play some of your songs?" She asked with a smile. I smirked and nodded. "Anything for my babygirl." I said, hooking up my phone to the aux.

I looked through my garage band and found Kiss. I smiled and played the song.

"Which one is this?" She asked.

"Kiss." I said with a smile, starting the car and driving off.

"Nobody knows the me that you do. Gonna take some getting used to and I think i'm getting through to you but all that shit I put you through ain't right....." I sang along as I drove.

In the corner of my eye I could see Lexie smiling and watching me sing. She's so goddamn beautiful. I watched her as she got her phone out and started to record me singing.

I smirked as we stopped at a stoplight. "One more chance baby give me a kiss. You got one more chance at a night like this. You could hold my hand in the back of the whip. But saw the plug at the club came back with a brick." I sang as she recorded. She smiled and gave me a small kiss.

I smiled as she stopped the video and kept singing along as I drove to my house.

"I love the way you sing, Gus." She said with a smile, rewatching the video. I smiled and blushed a bit as we pulled into the driveway.

"Thank you, beautiful." I said, kissing her cheek then getting out of the car.

I held her hand as we walked inside of the house. Tracy, Christopher (horsehead), Dylan, Adam (Wicca Phase), Iris, and Makonnen looking at us with smirks on their faces.

I rolled my eyes and laughed as I sat on the couch, pulling Lexie on my lap.

"Where have yall been for the last 5 hours?" Dylan asked with a laugh.

Lexie and I looked at each other with a smile. "It's a secret." She said with a small smirk.