32

Lexie Pov

Gus and I walked into the courtroom hand and hand next to Iris and Trace. They seemed to be doing fine but i could still tell that Iris wasn't herself.

Gus kissed me on the cheek and smiled. "Wish me luck babygirl." He said with the brightest look in his eyes as he walked up to the defendants table with his lawyer. I sat down with Tracy and Iris and we made random small talk until the court was settled.

bang bang bang

The judge knocked the gavel three times before saying "silence is now mandatory in the court."

Tracy, Iris, and I stopped talking and I immediately looked over at Gus who was looking at me smiling. I smiled back and blushed a bit, knowing he was probably watching me for awhile.

"For the last thirty minutes. The jury has made a decision on who would be found guilty and who would be found innocent. If the defendant is found guilty, he will be charged with battery. If the defendant is found innocent, the plaintiff will be charged with sexual abuse." The judge said as the presiding juror walked up to the microphone.

"The jury has found the plaintiff guilty with a charge of sexual abuse in the first degree. Mr Oswald Green will have 10 months probation with jail time if caught committing sexual abuse or assault once more. The defendant is found innocent and is free to leave with no charges." The presiding juror said.

"So say you all?" The judge asked the jury.

"Yes, your honor." The jury said, making everyone in the public box cheer, especially Iris, Tracy, and I.

I felt my eyes sting with happy tears as Gus hugged his lawyer tightly and looked at me with the biggest smile.

bang bang bang

The judge banged the gavel three times before saying "Thank you, Jury, for your service today. Court is adjourned."

I sprung up as Gus walked into the public box. I don't think i've ever hugged someone so tightly before.

"You did it babe! You won!" I said, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Gus laughed and kissed my head. "Why are you crying, beautiful?" He asked, still laughing a bit.

"Because if you lost it would have been my fault and you would have gone to jail." I said, hugging him tighter.

"Baby I knew we were gonna win." He said with a smile, setting me down and walking out of the courtroom with me.

A/N short chapter but yeah so uhhh hahahahah fuck u