A taste of normalcy (YG)

You were on your bed laying on your stomach, browsing the internet on your laptop aimlessly when you heard someone come in your apartment. It was probably Yoongi getting back from work. He came in the room and looked at you, you looked very comfortable, you were wearing one of his oversized sweatshirts and you had the kumamon leggings that he had got for you on. He smiled sleepily, his eyelids heavy from how tired he was. He flopped right next to you and rolled on the bed, his body overlapping with your side. He whined loudly and closed his eyes.

Hi jagi, I take it work was exhausting today - you greeted him with a kiss on the cheek, turning on your side to cuddle with him. He hummed in discontent. Do you want me to heat up some food for you? - you asked trying to cover the basics he often forgot in the midst of his busy day. I don't want to eat, I want to sleep - he muttered. You're going to have a hearty breakfast tomorrow then, just so you know - he skipped meals way too often and you somehow wanted to make up for it. He just huffed and laid on his stomach, bringing a pillow to his face to lay his head on.

You sounded like a pain, but despite him not showing it, he felt comforted by the fact that you were there for him, making sure he went over everything that frequently slipped his mind. You were in the details, but you didn't nag, you were not pushy. Sure, his favorite part of the day was finally reuniting with his bed, but he felt rather spoiled when he stayed at your place because you were part of that and falling asleep on his own just wasn't the same anymore.

You scratched Yoongi's back and he curled up at the waves of satisfaction that ran through his spine. You knew it was one of his favorite things just by the way he fell asleep after a bit, so relaxed and content. Not long after he was out and you sat up on your side of the bed, resuming your browsing, looking for recipes to try the next morning

After a while you finally felt the tiredness take over and you put your laptop away, took off your clothes and climbed into bed wearing an oversized t-shirt, again, a gift from Yoongi who thought it was adorable how you looked tiny in them. You kissed his head and fell asleep as soon as you laid your head down on your pillow.

You opened your eyes when you felt him snuggle onto your back, his face buried on the side of your neck. You looked at the clock and cursed, you had forgotten to set an alarm to make a proper breakfast. You got up in a hurry and ignored him as he complained - hey! - but you knew that he'd fall right back to sleep a second later, which he did, just looking at you leave the room in his favorite t-shirt before he was gone again.

Yoongi woke up about an hour later and threw some clothes on, he walked in the kitchen to see you had prepared an assortment of breakfast foods for him and he smirked. Why do you have to be such a pain in the ass? - he said with his hoarse morning voice as he nuzzled your shoulder and rested his head on it, holding you lazily from behind. Probably because you forget that you need to eat to live - he chuckled sleepily and turned his head on his other side to plant a sloppy kiss on your neck.

You served the last plate and walked over to the little table you had next to the kitchen's only window, a beautiful view of Seoul could be seen from it. Honestly the best view your apartment had. It was nice to sip your coffee in the mornings together looking out in comfortable silence. It was your favorite part of the day and Yoongi himself felt a taste of normalcy in your snug kitchen, very different from all the grand, luxurious places he frequented as an idol.

He wobbled over without letting go of you as you walked to the table and detached him from you, which he knew was his cue to take a seat. He let himself fall on the chair, his eyes closed for a minute and slouching, as he attempted to gather some strength. He pulled his chair closer to the table and opened his eyes begrudgingly looking at the food in front of him. This looks pretty good - he raised his eyes to look at you, you had already digged in and you were reading something on your cellphone attentively. You looked up and smiled at him without a word. He smiled back and took his first bite looking outside the window absentmindedly.

You were perfect in his eyes, he didn't want anything extravagant, he was not particularly interested in a fancy relationship. You didn't demand he take you anywhere or buy you anything expensive, not that he wouldn't do it for you, but you were both on the same page. You just wanted a boyfriend, not an over-the-top idol and he just wanted a girlfriend to share his time with. To do the things he craved to do, the ordinary within the extraordinary in his life. That is what made him happy, he could just be himself with you. He didn't have to be Suga or Agust D for you to love him and that made him feel safe and at ease in the middle of his hectic life.

He looked at the clock above the kitchen door and saw it was time to go, he groaned and wished he could stay, but was kind of excited to go back to the studio and keep working on the new song he had come up with. You poured more coffee in a travel mug and handed it to him, he smiled lovingly and circled his arms around your hip, kissing you and stopping to really feel it for a bit. He tried to prolong it for as long as he possibly could and then you broke apart, his face in a slight pout, the kind that was almost unnoticeable to anyone that didn't know him well.

You pecked him to wipe that expression off his face and he sighed. Will you come back tonight? - you asked as he finally walked up to the door and took his things. After I hang out with the guys, hopefully, I'll let you know how today goes - he said as he opened the door ready to leave. You hurried over and caught the door before he closed it.

He looked at you thinking you needed something, but you were just laying your side on the door-frame, a hand keeping the door open. Just looking at him smiling widely while he waited for the elevator to come. Your hair ruffled, your shirt wrinkled, hanging just above your bare legs and your chunky Shooky slippers on. A glorious view to him, that he wouldn't admit he appreciated greatly.

You look like a psycho staring at me like that - he pointed out as he laughed and you drew a gummy smile on his face. That's exactly what you wanted. Deep down you love it, I just know - you teased him back. You're weird - he said contorting his face, feigning being put off. You shook your head at his typical reaction and finished - then you like weird - you pointed out. He chuckled and flashed another smile as he walked in the elevator. Shut up - he said bluntly as he went out of sight. You rested your head on the frame for a bit before taking a few steps back and closing the door.

You walked back to your room and slid out of your slippers, you laid on the side where Yoongi slept and held onto the pillow tightly, enjoying the untainted smell of his skin. You drifted off to sleep for the remaining hour you had before you had to get ready for work. You were already looking forward to watching a movie with your boyfriend tonight, making popcorn and ordering take out from your favorite fried chicken place.

 You were already looking forward to watching a movie with your boyfriend tonight, making popcorn and ordering take out from your favorite fried chicken place

-

I just needed to write a normal Yoongi scenario, he was too sexual, lmao. My view of him seems to be very different from what I've seen in other fiction works where he's more like "the quiet ones are the worst" and super extra in hidden ways, dominant and possessive, hahaha. I hope you like my take on him. I always try to base myself on facts so the imaginary scenarios sound more real. Here's his craving for normalcy that he expresses in "Break the Silence", great documentary series if you want to watch it!

xo