47.

I open my eyes and hear a beeping sound. After a few second I realise I'm in the hospital. "Hey." I jump and see Carlos siting on the chair in the corner "hey. What happened?" Carlos laughs nervously and stands up "let me get the nurse." He walks towards the door and I shake my head and sit up "ok?" I look towards the drip inside my arm and take a deep breath "Belle?" I look towards the door and see Carlos standing with a nurse "this is Leticia and Gabriella's mum Maria. She will be your nurse ok?" I nod and smile "ok." He waves and walks out the door "I will leave you too it." He closes the door behind him and the woman walks towards me and smiles "so Belle." She looks at the papers in her hand and laughs nervously "when was the last time you had your period?" I shake my head and scoff "I don't know. Why?" She smiles softly and hands me a piece of paper "because you are 9 weeks pregnant."

In shock and disbelief, I shake my head and laugh nervously "what? No. I can't be?" She nods towards the paper in my hand and I look down and see a baby scan "what? I'm? Pregnant?" She smiles softly and nods "and I'm guessing with your reaction you didn't know?" I look towards the door and sigh "no. Does Carlos know? Does Ricardo know?" She walks towards me and sits on the chair at the side off my bed "no. It's not my place to tell them. My place is to make sure you are ok." She looks at me and shrugs "are you ok? Do you know what your next step is? Are you going to keep it or not?" I shrug and look at the scan "I'm not sure. 9 weeks you say? That's around the time." I look at her and laugh nervously "I got to go." I take the drip out of arm and take a deep breath "ouch." I stick my shoes on and head towards the door "wait."

I look at her and can feel the tears running down my face "let me discharge you and take you home at least?" I wipe the tears away and smile "thank you." She walks towards me and hugs me "you were there for my girl's so anything I can do to help then I will." I hug her and take a deep breath "I just need time to adjust to this and maybe a large cheeseburger with extra cheese." She smiles and nods "I know the perfect place." She hands me the baby scan and smiles "you might want to take this with you?" I stick it in my bag and smile "thank you." She walks towards the door and opens it "let's get you out of here." I follow her out the door and towards the front desk. "Have a seat and I will get everything filled in ok?" I smile and nod "ok."

I sit down and grab my phone from my bag and see a text from Ricardo 'on my way up now so won't be long x' I take a deep breath and text him back 'getting out so see you at home.' I turn my phone off and see Maria walk towards me "ready?" I nod and smile "yeah." I stand up and follow her towards the car park "where did Carlos go?" She stops at a car and smiles "I told him that you needed rest so sent him home." I smile and get into the car "thank you. I just need to think off a way to tell Ricardo." She smiles and nods "I understand but you should tell him and fast." She starts the car and smiles "this is a small town and people talk." As we drive out the car park I get my phone from my bag and look at Ricardo's name "your right." I smile and look at her "I will tell him. Tonight." She smirks and nods "that a girl. Good luck."

I smirk and text him 'I will be over soon with pizza? I love you x' I take a deep breath and stick my phone back into my bag "I will need it." We pull up outside a burger van and Maria smiles "wait here." She gets out and walks towards the man and they start speaking for a few seconds before he starts making food. She looks at me and sticks her thumbs up so I smile and nod. I take a deep breath and reach down and grab my phone from my bag and see a new text from Ricardo 'just got your text as I got to the hospital. Where are you? Nurse said you checked out with someone else. X' I smile and look towards Maria 'I'm fine. I will be home soon x' I stick my phone back when Maria walks over and hands me a large burger with cheese melting down it "wow. That is a lot off cheese." She laughs softly and nods "Jack's burgers are the best. Now eat up." She gets in the driver side and eats a bite off her burger before driving back the way we came from.

She drives down Carlos's street and stops outside his house "thank you." She smiles and nods "your welcome dear." She hugs me and smiles "good luck." I take a deep breath and laugh nervously "thank you." I grab my bag and get out the car "bye." I wave at Maria and head towards the front door and open it "hello?" I see Carlo walk out the kitchen eating a bagel "you hungry?" I smile and shake my head "no I'm good. I just had a burger with your aunt." He looks shocked and opens his mouth wide "you went to Jack's shack without me?" I laugh softly and nod "it was good." He eats the rest of his bagel and nods "I know. It's my favourite place." I smile and sit down "I am shattered." Carlos walks back into the kitchen and laughs "I know the perfect thing for that." He walks back in and hands me a beer "your welcome." I laugh nervously and stick it down "can I get a water instead?" He raises his eyebrow and shrugs "ok. Water coming right up."