61.

I wake up the next morning on the sofa cuddled into Ricardo "morning." I smile and sit up "morning." He stands up and smiles "breakfast?" I nod and stand up "just toast please." He nods and walks into the kitchen "orange juice?" I follow him into the kitchen and shake my head "water." I grab a bottle of water from the fridge and open it "is Gloria meeting us there?" He nods and sticks on my toast "she is dropping the girls off then will meet us in an hour?" I nod and smile "ok. I'm going to get changed." I walk upstairs and open my window "what is that smell?" I look around the room and roll my eyes "Ricardo." I hear Ricardo run upstairs "what?" I point towards the bin "stop leaving your leftovers in the bin." He walks towards the bin and picks it up "I meant to clean yesterday but was too busy doing the baby's room." I smile and shake my head "I will clean up when we get back."

He walks downstairs and I grab clothes and get changed and join him "toast is ready." He hands me a plate off toast and I sit down and eat it "so what time did Carlos get in?" He shrugs and sits down "I don't know. I fell asleep shortly after you." I nod firmly and smile "I'm guessing it was late then because he has missed his gym time." He looks at the clock and smiles "I will check on him when we are back but we should go?" I grab the toast and stand up "let's go then." I walk towards the door and he follows me towards the car. We drive to the hospital and I see Maria walking towards us "you excited?" I smile and nod "very." She looks at Ricardo and nods "can I have a word?" He kisses my forehead and smiles "I will meet you in there?" I nod and smile "ok?" I walk towards the waiting room and he walks into an office with Maria and she closes the door behind her. "What's up?" She smiles softly and nods "Leticia told me that Carlos painted Noah's room?" Ricardo smiles softly and nods "yeah he offered to do it a few weeks ago and we finished it yesterday. Why do you think it's too soon?" She shakes her head and smiles "no. I'm just glad worried he might?" Ricardo smiles and hugs her "he seemed ready but I will keep my eye on him." She smiles and nods "you are a good friend."

She walks towards the door and smiles "so have you showed Belle the room?" He nods and looks towards me "she loves it. I think." She nods and looks towards me "yous will be amazing parents." Ricardo smirks and hugs her "thank you." She waves and walks away "see yous soon." Ricardo waves and walks towards me and sits down "hey." I smile and hold his hand "hi." He laughs nervously and shrugs "Maria was just checking on Carlos after she found out about him painting Noah's bedroom." I smile and nod "why is he not ok?" Ricardo squeezes my hand and shakes his head "no he's fine but just because it's the first time he went into the room never mind paint it and get rid of his things." I smile softly and hug him "what happened to his brother?" Ricardo leans his head onto mine "he was shot by a Southsider." I raise my eyebrow and sit up "really?" He smiles softly and nods "that's why my dad and Carlos dad went after revenge." I smile softly and kiss him "so your dad and Carlos dad passed away together?" He nods and takes a deep breath "they were friends since nappies and my dad told him that he wasn't going to let him go alone. That's why me and Carlos are really close to because we have that connection. He's my brother." I lean my head on his shoulder and smile "he's lucky to have you." A woman walks over towards us and smiles "you ready?" Ricardo looks towards the entrance door and nods "yeah." I see Gloria walking towards us "I'm here." The woman smiles and nods "this way please."

We follow her into the room and she taps the bed "ok let's get you on here and we can check the baby?" I smile and nod "ok." I lay on the bed and she pulls my dress up placing a blanket over my bottoms "so you are 37 weeks tomorrow?" I smile and nod "yeah that's right." She places the cold gel on my stomach and I take a deep breath and she places the ultra-scan on my stomach and smiles "so are you wanting to know the sex off the baby?" I smile and nod "yes please." She nods and moves it around and nods "so there is your baby." She points towards the TV machine and smiles "girl." I look at Ricardo and see him crying "are you crying?" He nods and looks at the screen "mi Princesa." I smile and look at the screen "she's perfect."

The woman prints off some scans and hands me them "so everything looks perfect but remember if you have any problems then call the number on the piece of paper ok?" I smile and take the scans "thank you." She nods and walks out the room "so a girl?" I look at Gloria and smile "the girl's wanted a girl." I sit up and pull my dress down "I knew it was a girl." Ricardo wipes his tears away and sits beside me "my girl's." He looks at the baby scan and kisses my cheek "now we can shop for girl's' clothes." I nod and stand up "so many dresses and shoes and pink stuff." Ricardo smirks and walks towards me "I couldn't think of anything better." He hugs me and I smile "I love you." He kisses me and smiles "I love you too amor."