21.

As we drive towards my apartment I look out the window and take a deep breath trying to take in what happened tonight. 

What would have happened if Leticia and Gabriella weren't there? What would have happened if Ricardo didn't turn up when he did?

I wipe away the tears running down my face and take a deep breath "this is me." 

He pulls up outside the building and I smile towards Leticia and Gabriella "thank yous." 

They look towards the building and nod "you want us to come up?" 

I shake my head and smile "I'm ok from here." 

I get out the car and wave towards them as they drive off. 

I take a deep breath and head inside. 

Double checking the door is locked I head into bed and go under the covers still in my dress and shoes. 

Still in my makeup and not washed my face or hands. 

I place my head on the pillow with tears still running down my face falling onto the pillow I drift of straight away.

I wake up the next morning confused about how and when I got home.

 I slowly sit up and rub my banging head as it hurts. Worse than it ever has. 

I see that I'm still in my dress from last night so I get changed and head into the kitchen opening the fridge "shit. I still need to go shopping."

 I close the fridge and take a deep breath "shower first." 

I grab my bag from the sofa and check my phone "4 missed calls from Ricardo?" 

I roll my eyes and stick my phone back in my bag "not today."  

I head into the bedroom and get changed before heading out the door and towards the mall. 

Once I get to the mall I head towards the food store and grab a trolley. 

I walk around grabbing a few bits I need but stop when I see Lucas's friend Nicolas. He smiles at me and waves "can we talk?" 

I nod and he walks beside me "what happened last night?" 

I shrug and smile "I'm not sure. I was so drunk." 

He laughs nervously and shows me a photo on his phone on Lucas lying on the floor covered in blood "this is how we found Lucas." 

I shake my head and laugh nervously "the last thing I remember I passed out in the bathroom?" 

He nod and stops "I will try find out." 

I smile and grab my phone from my pocket "I'm going to ring Lucas and find out." 

He waves and walks down another aisle "good luck."

 I search Lucas name and ring him but it goes to voicemail after a few rings so I stick my phone back in my bag and walk down the rest of the aisle's.

The new few days I get into a habit of going to work and coming home and chilling out. 

It wasn't exciting but it was nice to do it alone. 

Every night for the next three days around 3AM Ricardo would ring me and every morning I would wake up and delete the missed calls and continue to ignore him. 

I didn't want to speak to him or see him for what he done to Lucas and I wanted him to know he couldn't go around hitting people out of jealousy.

 Friday finally comes which means payday and I get too leave work at 1 o'clock. 

I head towards the mall and look around for shops and treat myself to new clothes. 

I head into the home store and pick up the same fluffy heart pillow I was cuddling when I stayed in Ricardo's bed. "Cute pillow." 

I jump dropping the pillow and turn around "hi." 

I see Ricardo looking at me smiling "hey?" 

I bend down and pick the pillow up and see a woman walk towards Ricardo and smile at him holding a photo frame "what about this?" She shows Ricardo the photo frame and he nods "looks perfect."

 I look at her and smile 'he is with another girl? Of course he is.' 

The girl's shoves his softly and nods "let's go." 

She walks away and Ricardo smiles softly "I got to go." I nod and laugh softly "ok?" 

I look towards the floor and he walks away after her.

Iwait a few seconds before looking up as they leave the store giggling. 

I shovethe pillow back and storm out the store and head home. 

I get home and headtowards the cupboard and grab the bottle of whiskey and a glass a pour myself adouble and down it in one "jerk." 

I grab the bottle of whiskey and head intothe bedroom and sit on the bed and read a text on my phone and smile "drinksfor Lucas birthday? Nicola's." 

I read the text and smile "sounds perfect." 

Isend the text message and smile "now Lucas won't have a chance but speak to me." 

I drink some of the whiskey from the bottle and leave it on the bed as I walktowards my wardrobe and go through my dresses "perfect." 

I pull out a blackskater dress and a pair of black trainers and place them on the bed and headtowards the bathroom turning on the shower.