Chapter 16

Patton's pov

Once Virgil moved aside he lead me over to his bed and we both sat down, this room look exactly like his one back home with them but it was... Darker. I sat there and looked over to my son only to find him staring at his hands fidgeting in his lap and looking very Anxious (just like his name!)

"what are you doing here Patton I thought you guys didn't want me anymore" and just as that left Virgil's mouth I instantly went into what Roman likes to call my 'over protective dad mode' "Of course not kiddo! what would ever make you think that!" Virgil seemed to be slightly taken back by that but he also seemed... confused?

"Well Roman came into my room and told me that you guys all had a group meeting and decided I wasn't worth your time and that I need to leave, it was only a matter of time before you guys found out I just didn't know it would be so soon" I had to physical stop myself from crying at that, who ever made my dark strange son think light that was going to get a really stern talking to. Although I felt heart broken by what Virgil had told me I also felt confused, what was he talking about Roman had been with Logan all day and we haven't all been together since breakfast the day Virgil left.

I voiced my confusion to him "what are you talking about? Roman and Logan had been working together all day and I had gone out to run some errands, we hadn't all been together since breakfast that day" this caused Virgil to finally look up from his lap and look me in the eyes, confusion clear between us "but-but I talked to Roman, he-he sa-said that you guys didn't wa-want me and unless... unless...oh how can I be so stupid!" Virgil instantly went from upset to angry

"you need to stop talking bad about yourself kiddo and what do you mean 'unless'?" I remained confused to whatever Virgil seemed to realise about what happened that day "Patton it wasn't Roman I talked to that day it was-" "Deceit!" I yelled cutting off Virgil as realisation dawned on me, oh when I get my hands on that snake I'm going to yell at him with my 'super angry dad  voice'.

Me and Virgil looked each other in the eyes for a few seconds before I couldn't take it anymore and shot forward to give him a hug and totally forgetting that Virgil's not a hug fan of hugs but to my complete surprise he hugged me back, we stayed like that for only a few minuets but for me it felt like hours as we held onto each other like a life line. For once everything felt ok.

Once we broke apart I continued to stare into his eyes in an attempt to give as much comfort to him as I possibly can without making he feel uncomfortable with to much physical contact "I think I'm ready to go home... That's if you guys still want me to come back with you that is!" Virgil said as he quickly rushed the last part out, I wasted no time in replying "of course we want you back! now lets head down stairs and grab Roman and Logan before we head out" Virgil gave a quick nod before standing up from the bed and walking to the door with me following suit.

Once we made it to the door Virgil opened it and lead me out into the hallway but once he turned to reclose the door behind him I noticed... it. A large bruise could be seem on the side of his face, how could I have not seen it before! I felt tears come to my eyes as I stared at it, Virgil's hand hesitantly went to the bruise as he stuttered out a quick "I can explain!" once again I jumped forward and captured him in a hug muttering rushed apologies as I cried onto his shoulder, why would anyone want to hurt my dark strange son!

_______________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter,

I hope you guys enjoyed this new chapter and are just as worried as Patton about his dark strange son. please comment if you wish for me to continue.

Have a good day/night,

~miyaalove1