Chapter 31

Remy's pov.

We all left as soon as possible, or who was left of us, determined to make it across to the darker side of Thomas's mind in record time. The Env-Nathans injury will buy us some time but not much, well take all what we can get now.

We had been traveling for hours at this point and little had been said aside from a few short conversations which didn't last long as the depressing feeling of being two members short truly fell on us, neathier Patton or Logan deserved what the others had done to them. We have been making immense ground and we were over a quarter way there as despite what many would believe we all can't just 'sink' to different places across the mindscape... Well we could but that alerts everyone in the proximity that were there and trust me you don't want to show up to the Dark Sides place unanounnced especially if your going to be taking something that they deem as 'Theirs'.

Before we left we agreed to only take 3 breaks at a maximum as we need as much strength as we can save if this plan works, which it will. "We're over a quarter way there so let's stop here for a few hours to save energy, rember wounds made in the mindscape itself take a while to full heal" announced Roman and nobody argued as he sat down on the ground only for it to change under his touch.

What once was a dark gravel path is now a peaceful looking field with a picnic type area waiting for us, the sky was a deep midnight blue and filled with dozens of stairs. Emile would of loved this. Virgil looking around nervously before turning to Roman "Are you sure changing the environment is a good idea? Wong Remus be able to sense the change in the mindscape?" This caused Roman to let out a small chuckle before reacbubg out to tug on virgils wrist to make him sit beside him.

"It's ok storm cloud, were still on 'my' side of the mindscape so Remus won't sense any changes unless I make some while on 'his' side which I don't plan on doing" with that said I love to lay down opposite Roman and Virgil to instead look up at the clouds and just...think.

Think about how all this came to place and how now were all rushing into a fight with the little plan we have, it's not like we have a choice or any time left. Thomas already lost his Morality and his Logic which are now likely being controled by a side who cares not for him, I can only hope Thomas's friends are taking care of him.

Despite what people think a person traits care about their host just as much as a side does, the only true diffrence between a side and a trait is the amount of responsibility because trust me I don't do responsibilities.

It must of been well over half an hour before I hear the soft snores coming from someone where around me, when I sit up I come across a truly adorable sight. Roman I sat staring up at the stars whilst one of his hands card it's way through Virgil's hair who seemed to have fallen asleep with his head in the prince's lap, truly an adorable sight.

"You really do care for him don't you" I say it as more of a statement then question, his hands stop I'm virgils hair for a moment before they continue as if they never stopped in the first place and it takes a second before he replies "I do, I have for a long time but I've never been able to express it right"

"Bit of an understament don't you think?" I ask sacracstialy, I never forgot the nights virgil would come break down crying in front of me because of something Roman has said however if you looked at the two of them now you would never think they showed eachother anything less then pure love.

"I know I was a huge jerk to Virgil in past and for that I'll never forgive myself, I'm surprised Virgil did and even thought part if me wishes he would hate me for what I did I can't help but feel happy over the fact he's actually willing to give me a chance. I promised myself I would attempt to make everything up to him and I know I never truly will but I can start but getting rid of some of the people who caused him pain, myself aside"

The confession caught me off guard thought I knew exactly what he ment, I was exceedingly cold to Emile when we first as I never wanted to admit to myself I had feelings for someone who I thought i would hate, however Emile found his way into my heart and I couldn't be happier for it.

"Virgil could never hate you for what you did as he loves you too much and before you try to deny it I can see it in his eyes when he looks at you or even talks about you, that is one love sick emo right there" I say pointing to the sleeping side with it's head in Romans lap.

Roman smiles at this but his face stays up at the sky as if it held the answer to all his problems "When I was younger Logan, Patton and I use to all head out into the mindscape and I would try my hardest to change the scenery around for us, which at the time was quite the challenge for me, I would always make stars in the sky as Logan has always been a huge fan of astrology and Patton loved listening to him talk about it whilst I just loved being in the company of my friends. I always wanted to have Virgil join us in seeing the stars one day, we go ever 2 weeks as a sort of tradition and we had all decided it was time for Virgil to join us before he...ran away" he trailed off at the end before looking down sadly at the side in his lap.

"Him leaving was never your fault it was Janus's, he tricked Virgil into leaving which also is not Virgil's fault as his lies can be deceiving. Hence his name." We both chuckled softly at the small joke as a comfortable silence filled the air.

"Let's let Virgil rest for another hour or so before we set off, god knows he needs it" i say quietly to which Roman nods his head as he then begins to hum a soft tune which kind of reminds me of 'water fountain' by Alec Benjamin.

'Everything is going to be alright I know it' I think to myself as I close my eyes and begin to drift off to the soft sound of Roman's humming.

_______________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, it was extra long today and I thought Roman and Remy needed to talk about Roman's past behaviour.

Have a wonderful day/night,

~Miyaalove1